Cant seem to win road games

Cant seem to win road games

Postby TheNJHammer » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:52 pm

Whatever I do, I stink on the road. I even scheduled an easy road schedule this past year where all the teams were trash, and I was 0-7 in them. What am I doing wrong? I have the strategy set up to my teams strengths, recruiting is going great. I don't know anymore and it's extremely frustrating. I get losing a couple out of nowhere, but all of them?! I just don't know. Any tips??
TheNJHammer

Re: Cant seem to win road games

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:07 pm

Just like in real life, winning on the road can be really tough. So hang in there. And do well in your home games. :)

7 games is a rather small sample size. Keep at it, you'll win a few.

FYI: Overall, the win-loss % for road games is very close in DDSCB to what it is in real-life Division I basketball.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:13 pm

When on the road you MIGHT try pressing more, increasing the level of your defensive and offensive rebounding, calling a time out to decrease your opponent's momentum, working the refs more if they're calling a lot of fouls on your team, things like that. Sometimes I think it has helped me, but I'm really not sure.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby TheNJHammer » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:04 am

PointGuard wrote:When on the road you MIGHT try pressing more, increasing the level of your defensive and offensive rebounding, calling a time out to decrease your opponent's momentum, working the refs more if they're calling a lot of fouls on your team, things like that. Sometimes I think it has helped me, but I'm really not sure.

Thats true. And I could try the strategy changes. I finished the season 16-14...3-13 on the road. May get fired, we'll see :(

What are your strategy slider settings on? I have crashing boards high on Off and Def ad low Off pace but high Def intensity. Could that completely tire guys out?
TheNJHammer

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:56 pm

TheNJHammer wrote:
PointGuard wrote:When on the road you MIGHT try pressing more, increasing the level of your defensive and offensive rebounding, calling a time out to decrease your opponent's momentum, working the refs more if they're calling a lot of fouls on your team, things like that. Sometimes I think it has helped me, but I'm really not sure.

Thats true. And I could try the strategy changes. I finished the season 16-14...3-13 on the road. May get fired, we'll see :(

What are your strategy slider settings on? I have crashing boards high on Off and Def ad low Off pace but high Def intensity. Could that completely tire guys out?

I doubt that you will get fired.

Off/def Reb for me are a little above avg with a slightly higher Def reb than Off reb. And I'll often adjust those during a game depending how my guys are doing on the boards or if I am behind toward the end of a game. Off pace is also a little above avg and I'll adjust depending on how I'm doing in a game. I have Offensive pace a bit above average but sometimes adjust it during a game, particular toward the end. I feel like low off intensity means a lot more passing and more opportunities for turnovers...but of course, very high off pace can also result in higher turnovers. Very high Defensive Intensity will tire your players out a little quicker and will increase the number of fouls you incur. Another thing that will tire your players out quicker is pressing most all the time, but I often do that on road games in particular to pressure the home team more, wear down their guards, and increase their turnovers...my guards fight now have high individual stamina which helps.

BUT...I'm sure others play this out very differently so maybe others can chime in here. It depends on your team's players, your overall philosophy/strategy, and a number of other things as to how you set the sliders. There is no single "right way".
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:18 pm

I'm BIG on rebounding: Off- one from max. Def- max.
On the road you may wish to bump up your Def. settings.
Wayne23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion