Shoot more 3 pointers

Shoot more 3 pointers

Postby ublguy23 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:27 pm

Hello - any guidance on how to get my team to shoot more three pointers?

Team - Wisconsin Badgers
Offensive Philosophy - Trying to build a program that all players are deadly from 3 point land.

Offensive Scheme - 90% --> 5 Out
Offensive Focus - Heavy Outside

Average is about 12 three point shots/game.

Thoughts on what to try?
ublguy23

Re: Shoot more 3 pointers

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:19 pm

12 is REALLY LOW. In my association, the range for 3PA for ALL teams is 11.1 to 31.5 per game and 12 would be the 3rd from lowest. The median 3PA for all teams is about 20/game.

Maybe you just don't have players who like to shoot the 3 right now. Recruit very good outside shooters in the future. You could also text some of the players on your roster and tell them to "shoot more 3's"...and have them work on it for a few months...some will probably not like your advice of course.

While playing out games you could play the guys who thus far have been most prone to shooting 3's and have higher "SCR" ratings, check off the box for "shoot 3s", and also during time outs set up 3 point plays to possibly increase the frequency beyond what you've already done.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Shoot more 3 pointers

Postby RandyR17 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:00 am

My last dynasty is still with CB20, but I had some success on a team that jacks up a lot of 3s

viewtopic.php?f=297&t=32276

Currently, the team averages more than 48 3pt attempts per game (!), shooting around 38% from deep. The next closest school averages 31 3PA per game
RandyR17

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion