State of the Nation! in Colllege Mod world

State of the Nation! in Colllege Mod world

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:02 am

Just wanted to give an update on a few things.
I have been spending my summers the last two years in a remote area without internet, thus my absence recently. I did just get S L O W internet there recently and now moving there which is taking a lot of my time. More than I expected.

As far as the College Mod I plan to release a 2021-22 mod for the new game when it is releases this 1st quarter of 2022 Here are a few of the things I'm working on.

Conferences (Done): Not many changes other than team moves to various conferences. New logos discussed more below.

Teams (Done): Added St. Thomas with logos and court the only new team this year. History stats in previous mod's came from Sports Reference but those did not reflect NCAA vacated games and tournament stats like Sweet 16, Final Four appearances. The next mod will have those stats adjusted to NCAA vacated stats. Such as Louisville vacated Championship. All new team logos more on this below. Also updated arena changes and capacity along facilities ratings if the arena was improved over the old arena.

Coaches: (Still working on this): All real coaches with all 2021-22 job changes. History stats now will have stats adjusted to NCAA vacated stats like the team stats.

Graphics: I was able to find Conference and team logos current for this season in a vector format. This will allow me to produce high quality logos once I resize and export to game format. One issue is this will take some time plus about a third of of the logos will need an outline around them so they don't blend into the background color. This will be the last thing I finish as I want the coaches done first. The reasoning here is I may have to use last years logos on first release and add these in an update shortly after the game is released. In this way with Conferences, Teams, and Coaches done if you start an Association and update later with new logos your ongoing Association will pick they up automatically without having to start over, unlike with Conferences, Teams, and Coaches if they are not complete those updates would require a new association to pick those updates up.

Courts: Not many changes here. Added St Thomas. The courts Bloomington created are beautiful and still serve the purpose very well and credit to him as this would be a huge undertaking to go thru and update all 358 team courts. It is on my list in the future.

My Conference and Teams database is where I want it now with vacated games completed and new logos soon to be completed.
Coaches are still being upgraded to be realistic as possible. Head Coach ratings and playing style is good. I have been updating assistant ratings to be realistic as I can so they act as in real life such as Offensive/Defensive master mind, recruiter, player development or scout, with over 60% of the assistants done so they preform the job in the game as they do in real life. And of course something added last year of coach look a like facegens also still being updated with a large percentage of those done but not fully completed in small conferences. Once these thing are 100% completed so I only need to make changes year to year I'll look at court updates, most likely next year before I can get around to these.

Once I'm settled in from moving I'll have much more time to continue these mod improvements. But my goal is to have a working 2021-22 mod ready for the 2022 game when released if I survive this move, lol.
That's the State of the College Mod Nation for now.
NCAAhoops

Re: State of the Nation! in Colllege Mod world

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:34 pm

Yay!!! Excellent news, and good luck in the boonies!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Callmetaternuts » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:57 pm

This sounds excellent! Looking forward to CB22 and this mod
Callmetaternuts

Postby reme » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:28 pm

Thank you for all the work you do to make this game even more enjoyable !
reme

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion