Losing Away Games

Losing Away Games

Postby inno » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:05 am

I've been playing a save (I'm coaching Creighton currently), but I've been noticing how bad my team is away from home even though they know the strategy well and we're one of the best teams in the nation. What are some factors that affect people playing away and how do people win more away games?
inno

Re: Losing Away Games

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm

It's tough to win away games against decent teams. When first building a program I schedule cupcakes for my road games and I even lose to them occasionally. But this kind of reflects the real world (whatever that may be). Teams win at home, generally speaking. Also, on the road I am more likely to increase the level of my D earlier in games, even maxing it out sometimes. The gamble is that you foul more when you max out the D. I also may go exclusively to the D my players know and play best rather than varying the D.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Losing Away Games

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:47 pm

Yeah, Wayne's right (boy, I hate to say that! :rolleyes: )...tough to win on the road...welcome to the world of college basketball. DDSCB mirrors the home court advantage (as far as W-L %) pretty well although the average point differential may be bigger with DDSCB that real world.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion