Player keeps emailing me "Our Relationship"

Player keeps emailing me "Our Relationship"

Postby Wildcat18 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:43 pm

Every two weeks or so, my starting PF has started sending me emails with the subject line "Our Relationship". He keeps saying things along the lines of "can we talk to straighten things out" and that he thinks "I don't like him". I've never had this before, and I have no idea what to do.

The coach's relationship bar on his Player Profile has remained at 83% this entire time. He's been the starting PF since he stepped on campus (he's a sophomore), and he typically plays 28 mins without foul trouble. I don't know if either of those pieces of info are relevant, but I figured I'd add it just in case.
Wildcat18

Re: Player keeps emailing me "Our Relationship"

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm

This means he is almost certainly going to transfer out. I have been saying since this came into the game several years ago that it is a HUGE flaw and in need of a fix. There is almost exactly nothing you can do to change his mind. I click on Work on Attitude, but I doubt it helps.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wildcat18 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:21 pm

Thanks.

Oh well, good thing I've got 2 SFs in my next recruiting class and a few SGs who can play SF.

What's weird is, assuming he transfers, every single one of the forwards I've recruited (with the exception of my freshman starting SF) would have transferred out. I keep having to run 4 guard lineups due to a lack of forwards lol.
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:54 pm

Wildcat18 wrote:Thanks.
What's weird is, assuming he transfers, every single one of the forwards I've recruited (with the exception of my freshman starting SF) would have transferred out.

Now THAT is strange. I've never had something like that occur in all the years and many associations I've played DDSCB.

What's the Discipline rating for your head coach? Are you recruiting players who have interest levels re discipline that would seem to be out of sync with your coach? When you do home visits to recruits, are you focusing on an issue that you or your school can not provide but that is important to the recruit?

Re the whining player..I agree there presently is no way to adequately respond or try to deal with this. It's on the list of suggestions for CB22.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wildcat18 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:13 am

PointGuard wrote:
Wildcat18 wrote:Thanks.
What's weird is, assuming he transfers, every single one of the forwards I've recruited (with the exception of my freshman starting SF) would have transferred out.

Now THAT is strange. I've never had something like that occur in all the years and many associations I've played DDSCB.

What's the Discipline rating for your head coach? Are you recruiting players who have interest levels re discipline that would seem to be out of sync with your coach? When you do home visits to recruits, are you focusing on an issue that you or your school can not provide but that is important to the recruit?

Re the whining player..I agree there presently is no way to adequately respond or try to deal with this. It's on the list of suggestions for CB22.

My discipline level is fairly high, but when I do home visits I never focus on that. Usually I'm focusing on location, since I'm mainly recruiting in-state. Occasionally, I'll recruit Facilities or Playing Time (when a guy is likely to start right away and cares about playing time). This particular guy I recruited on playing time, knowing he'd be my starting PF right away.

The forwards I've recruited all left because they wanted more playing time (wanted starting minutes, but where the 6th man freshman year instead). Ironically, most of them left just as soon as they were about to be handed the starting job, and ended up stuck on the bench at an inferior school instead.
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:59 am

OK, yeah, the transfers for with playing time issue makes sense. Maybe the guy who is a starter has a bad attitude/personality, but if his coach relationship is 83%, that's not horrible. What's his relationship level with teammates? Sometimes you get a guy who just likes to whine all the time...frustrating for sure...but there are guys like that in real life and it's even more frustrating.

I agree that there are guys who transfer to other programs and end up not starting and/or get fewer minutes...serves 'em right if they transfer from where my coach is coaching!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wildcat18 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 pm

PointGuard wrote:OK, yeah, the transfers for with playing time issue makes sense. Maybe the guy who is a starter has a bad attitude/personality, but if his coach relationship is 83%, that's not horrible. What's his relationship level with teammates? Sometimes you get a guy who just likes to whine all the time...frustrating for sure...but there are guys like that in real life and it's even more frustrating.

I agree that there are guys who transfer to other programs and end up not starting and/or get fewer minutes...serves 'em right if they transfer from where my coach is coaching!

His relationship level with his teammates is 83% as well.

And yes, serves them right lol
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 pm

I'll be interested if he really transfers since both relationship levels are pretty high. Maybe he will stay so he can bug you for more seasons...like a disease that just keeps returning to the same person over and over. Then when he graduates you can hire him as an assistant coach since by then you'll be ac ustomed to and maybe even needing his regular whining. Sort of the whine that ages so perfectly. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:38 pm

PointGuard wrote:I'll be interested if he really transfers since both relationship levels are pretty high. Maybe he will stay so he can bug you for more seasons...like a disease that just keeps returning to the same person over and over. Then when he graduates you can hire him as an assistant coach since by then you'll be ac ustomed to and maybe even needing his regular whining. Sort of the whine that ages so perfectly. :rolleyes:

I've had players who have gone through the "Our Relationship" thing and then NOT transferred, but it's rare.
Wayne23

Postby fatfish89 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 pm

honestly I ignore all the discipline issues because they go away if you start winning and the talking to them is pretty ineffectual. you really cannot do much about stopping a transfer unless it is about playing time and you can start playing them a lot more before the season ends and even then it is iffy.
fatfish89

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion