Offensive Focus, Set Usage

Offensive Focus, Set Usage

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:55 am

Hey Veterans, what do you typically use. I've had better luck with Balanced than anything else. You?
As to Set Usage, I have no idea. I usually leave it at 50%. Thoughts?
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Offensive Focus, Set Usage

Postby PointGuard » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:31 pm

I usually have it at Balanced but I sometimes change it while playing out a game..e.g., if I want my guys to shoot more 3's, I'll move to to outside or if I feel my bigs are a lot stronger than theirs I might move it to inside, things like that.

If my team has a lot of freshmen who are just learning my sets I'll have more offensive freedom and them move to toward using the sets as they learn my my main offensive sets. Again I sometimes alter it during a game, particularly late if I want my guys to just get off shots as quickly as possible at the end of the game...forget running the sets.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:56 pm

Do you generally have Sets at 50% or something else.

Also, is there any easy way (in 22 or in 21) to figure out the average margin of victory? At home? On the road? Not just for my team but for the whole association? I'm guessing not.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:14 am

Wayne23 wrote:Do you generally have Sets at 50% or something else.

Usually 60 or 70 unless I have a bunch of freshmen and/or JC transfer players just learning the sets...then lower for a while. But I woudn't be surprised if other people don't do it differently.

Also, is there any easy way (in 22 or in 21) to figure out the average margin of victory? At home? On the road? Not just for my team but for the whole association? I'm guessing not.

Don't believe so for DDSCB. Just did an online search and found out the average margin of victory in college basketball is 11 points.

'
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wildcat18 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:53 pm

I find I tend to run the extremes: I’m either running my sets 90% of the time or almost never. So far, my “recruiting range” has been 4 star recruits who tend to stay 4 years, so I’m usually running a veteran team, which is why I’m usually running 90% lately. When I first start out with a program and changing up what they run, or if I’m starting multiple freshman, then I’ll rarely run sets.

As for Offensive Focus, my strengths are usually my guards so usually “Heavy Outside”. When recruiting everything but C, I like to look for guys with A outside shooting and either B defense or ball-handling/passing. When I want my guys to drive more in a game or get to the free throw line more (like when the 3 isn’t falling), I’ll go Favor Inside
Wildcat18

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:11 pm

Thanks Wildcat
Wayne23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion