How do you retire?

How do you retire?

Postby marcospi47 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:49 pm

My coach is in his 70s and I want to start a new run. Is there a way to officially retire and maybe get like a career retrospective?
marcospi47

Re: How do you retire?

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:26 am

Good question...I've never done this in one of my associations.

There may be a better way, but one way would be:

1. go to STAFF and select the coach you are retiring.
2. Go go Coach History and transcribe the history you want into a word document to keep the history you want about him.
3. Go to Commissioner screen.
4. Go to Edit Coach and open the screen for the coach you are retiring.
5. COMPLETELY REVISE everything on that page (photo, clothing, name, age, personality traits, philosophies, and all skill ratings to what you want for the replacement coach and SAVE. Then you have a new head coach.

Like I said, maybe there are better ways and someone else can provide those. I presume there's a way to do this by changing the data base, but I'll leave that up to others who may be familiar with this to explain it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby adamj95 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:58 pm

After you review the results of the season ending awards, go to your office and at the bottom right of the screen there is an option to retire and to create a new coach within the same association.
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:20 pm

adamj95 wrote:After you review the results of the season ending awards, go to your office and at the bottom right of the screen there is an option to retire and to create a new coach within the same association.

Ha! Cool to learn something new about the game. Thanks adam.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion