Would you recommend?

Would you recommend?

Postby eel1987 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:23 pm

While browsing the board it seems like the people playing this game think it's really good. I know the general rules of basketball, but I know very little (basically nothing) about college basketball. But I do enjoy sports management games. So I'm wondering if this would be a good get for someone like me who would be going into it essentially blind. Does the game assist in learning, for example, what stats matter for what positions, how to recruit, etc?
eel1987

Re: Would you recommend?

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:30 pm

The game has a tutorial, but your best bet is this forum. There are a few veterans here who check in frequently and are very happy to help new players. If you like sports management games I'm comfortable saying that you will like this one. It is DEEP and challenging. I've been playing since March of 2007 and still find new ways to play and new ways to challenge myself. Having said all of that the new version, DDS:CB2022 is going to drop soon, almost certainly before the end of the month, and there are some significant, positive changes. If finances are a challenge you might want to wait. If not, can I borrow- never mind. If not, the current version is great!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:35 pm

eel1987 wrote:While browsing the board it seems like the people playing this game think it's really good. I know the general rules of basketball, but I know very little (basically nothing) about college basketball. But I do enjoy sports management games. So I'm wondering if this would be a good get for someone like me who would be going into it essentially blind. Does the game assist in learning, for example, what stats matter for what positions, how to recruit, etc?

Although new version coming out soon. recommend trying the latest demo version and you'll be able to see it for yourself. I am not a basketball expert either, nor do I like to micromanage. The game has various settings to "skip" things, "sim" things, and have "AI" do them for you. That way you can concentrate on things you enjoy and over time you might decide to take more control of things. But get the demo, best way to know if it will "click" for you.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby WarEagle13 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm

When I first got the game years back I too was just a "casual" fan of college basketball. I didn't know much about the true inside part of the game etc....

This game has made me a huge "in real life" college basketball fan. I found it pretty easy to ramp up and study a bit on zone vs man, when to try and use to offset weaknesses/stregths etc... different types of offenses, etc... then trying to recruit toward "a plan" for my program.

All in all, everyone is different, but this game helped make me a life long fan of college basketball.
WarEagle13

Postby PointGuard » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:34 pm

There are two primary components of the game: recruiting and game play. As was previously mentioned you can do them yourself or you can have the AI do them. Or you can do as much of each as you desire.

I agree that you should definitely try the DDSCB2021 DEMO that is FREE. That should help you decide if the game is something you want to buy. When DDSCB2022 is ready, it likely will be released initially as First Access (which is a short period when gamers can purchase it with a discount and do some alpha testing of it to provide feedback to the developer on things that need fixing). As Wayne said, it's likely that that will occur within the next 3-4 weeks.

If you decide to purchase the game, stay active on these forums.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby eel1987 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:31 pm

Ooh I thought 2021 recently released. I'll try out that demo and maybe grab the new one when it's out.
eel1987

Postby jfsolo23 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:19 am

Wayne23 wrote:The game has a tutorial, but your best bet is this forum. There are a few veterans here who check in frequently and are very happy to help new players. If you like sports management games I'm comfortable saying that you will like this one. It is DEEP and challenging. I've been playing since March of 2007 and still find new ways to play and new ways to challenge myself. Having said all of that the new version, DDS:CB2022 is going to drop soon, almost certainly before the end of the month, and there are some significant, positive changes. If finances are a challenge you might want to wait. If not, can I borrow- never mind. If not, the current version is great!

Significant positive changes you say... I buy it every year because it is always fire, but reading this has me even more hyped up.
jfsolo23

Postby JDW1952 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Do we know when 2022 is coming out for sure? I hate to purchase 2021 today and then 3 days later the newer version is available. But I have the itch to play. Thanks
JDW1952

Postby Brown081 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:14 pm

I would say it is a safe bet to wait for 2022

JDW1952 wrote:Do we know when 2022 is coming out for sure? I hate to purchase 2021 today and then 3 days later the newer version is available. But I have the itch to play. Thanks
Brown081

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:13 pm

First Access, if all goes well, will be early March.
Wayne23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion