Dream Jobs and Scholarships

Dream Jobs and Scholarships

Postby jtwooding » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:02 am

I have questions.

First, I don't understand why my dream job wasn't available to me. I spent seven years at Sac St., then another eight at New Mexico, ready to make the leap to the Pac-12 and take over the Washington Huskies. Hopkins stayed put, so I thought. So, I took the job at Cal. I got halfway through the season before realizing Hopkins was no longer the head coach at UW - it was some no-name HC who spend 16 years at Marist. But the job was never posted. What the what? I thought, maybe I can't move from one Pac-12 school to another too quickly, so I reloaded an old save, before I moved to Cal. Landed the job at Notre Dame. Still, Hopkins left UW with no job posting. That Marist guy just took over again. What's a guy gotta do to coach for his alma mater?

Second, running the big schools is a lot different than mid-major or small schools. Players leave after their freshman year? Punks. That isn't really my question, though. I had two freshman leave for the NBA draft. I get to the Transfers screen expecting to have two scholarships available and brown-nose some other young athlete who is dissatisfied at his first school of choice, hoping he'll come fill a hole on my roster in 365 days. But no. I have zero scholarships available. I advance to June 26th. I still have zero scholarships available. I even got the board to give my budget a massive boost, and now I have nothing to spend it on. I had one senior graduate, and two freshman 5 stars leave. There should be three scholarships available, no? I got a couple of new walk-ons, but they're not scholarshipped. I even cut one, wondering if there was a maximum number of players I could have on the roster, regardless who's paying for their tuition. That didn't help. He's crushed, of course. And I feel terrible about that, but Coach is confused! I have 11 scholarship players on the roster now. Before the freshmen left early, I guess I had 13. or 14 with the senior from last season. Real-life college hoops allows 13 scholarships per school. I don't know if the game follows that rule too?

Lastly, when your target has visited, and they're warming up to ya, does it do any good to Live Scout them more than once? I'm doing it. but I have no idea if I'm just wasting money on those trips.
jtwooding

Re: Dream Jobs and Scholarships

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:21 am

1. Dream job. Unusual for it not to come up for you unless there's a mismatch in your skill and their expectations. Ex.: If you're low in Academics and they're a very academic school. Otherwise, yeah, something's wrong.
2. Max # of scholarships is 15, players on the roster is 15.
Sounds like something is definitely wrong. Are you playing the latest version, 9.7? If so, go to support. Probably send the files to them.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:05 pm

Just a minor correction: Max Number of Scholarships is 13 not 15. Max number of players on roster is 15.

As Wayne suggested, I'd suggest you send the save you have from before the season ends to Gary and let him know the different things you've encountered.

"Bow down to Washington!!!"
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Typo. Thanks.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:14 pm

yeah, I knew ya knew.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby jtwooding » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate it. Yes, I'm on version 9.7. I'll contact support.

Any thoughts about my third question? Do you Live Scout players more than one time? Does it do anything towards encouraging the recruit to come to your school, or does it just corroborate game tape ratings, as well as waste money from the budget?
jtwooding

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:37 pm

If I'm really after a guy and he has us in his Top 10, I scout him every chance I get. The most powerful tool though is Visit Recruit. Don't miss an opportunity with that one.
Wayne23

Postby jtwooding » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:38 pm

Wayne23 wrote:If I'm really after a guy and he has us in his Top 10, I scout him every chance I get. The most powerful tool though is Visit Recruit. Don't miss an opportunity with that one.

Definitely do that, September 11th every year is a fun day to click Advance!
jtwooding

Postby PointGuard » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:18 am

Re live scouting...I sometimes do multiple live scouting of a recruit...have never really been able to determine how much it helps, but it would SEEM that it SHOULD help you if the guy is interested in your program. But rather than multiple live scouting of one guy, I generally prefer doing that for a larger number of interested recruits.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion