How do you watch the selection show?

How do you watch the selection show?

Postby chazzthesquirt » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:01 pm

I'm in a single player league and I was trying to watch the selection show but I don't know how. Last season I simmed to Selection Sunday, then simmed the games and simmed to Monday but the selection show didn't come up, the tournament field was just filled. I want to avoid making that mistake this season. Thanks for any help!
chazzthesquirt

Re: How do you watch the selection show?

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:12 pm

Never watched it. I know there's a button called "Skip Show." I assume there must be one that says "Watch Show." Be sure to click "Advance" on 3/12, and not PLAY/SIM though.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby chazzthesquirt » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:14 pm

Should I do this as commissioner or as my coach? For both commissioner and the coach mode only the Play/Sim button is blue and clickable. The advance button is gray and won't let me click on it.
chazzthesquirt

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:32 pm

NOT as Commissioner. Next time I get to that point I'll check it out but I'm in the 2022 version right now although that shouldn't make a difference. I'm only in January though so it may be a day or two. Maybe PointGuard or someone else will check in before I get to 3/12.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:16 pm

I watch it sometime, sometimes I skip the show.

When you get the notice in the actions button that its time for the Selection Show, click on ADVANCE. The music should start (if you have the volume on and up)...if you don't want to hear all of that click ESC on your keyboard...then (or at the end of the music if you listen to the whole thing) a screen will show up where you can select "Watch Show" or "Skip Show"...click on Watch Show. The selection show screen will show up and it will take a few seconds to load the show. Then you will have the option to either watch each selection ("Next Game" button) or let the show run on its own (showing each selection for10-15 seconds...sort of like an automated slide show). at the end of the show click on ADVANCE and you can proceed playing out or simming the tournament games
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby chazzthesquirt » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:52 pm

PointGuard wrote:I watch it sometime, sometimes I skip the show.

When you get the notice in the actions button that its time for the Selection Show, click on ADVANCE. The music should start (if you have the volume on and up)...if you don't want to hear all of that click ESC on your keyboard...then (or at the end of the music if you listen to the whole thing) a screen will show up where you can select "Watch Show" or "Skip Show"...click on Watch Show. The selection show screen will show up and it will take a few seconds to load the show. Then you will have the option to either watch each selection ("Next Game" button) or let the show run on its own (showing each selection for10-15 seconds...sort of like an automated slide show). at the end of the show click on ADVANCE and you can proceed playing out or simming the tournament games

I'm not seeing any of that, the only thing that is an option for me is Play/Sim which then gives me the option to sim to the next day or further than that. I'm on Sunday 3/12 but the Advance button is gray for me and unclickable, it's always like that in coach mode. Even in Commissioner mode it's gray for 3/12. Am I missing something or is something wrong with my files?
chazzthesquirt

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:16 pm

Is there any chance you have sound muted within options? Some reason I thought certain things with scenes like the selection show might get skipped…or I can be completely wrong:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby chazzthesquirt » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:06 pm

No, I have sound on and everything. Maybe my files are corrupted are something? :/ Or could it be because I'm in a universe league? I have to login as commissioner even though I'm the only person in the league.
chazzthesquirt

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:19 pm

There are games on Sunday, so is the "Play/Sim" button lit up in blue? If so play out (sim) that day's games, then the "Selection Show" should show up at the top left and all should be well.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:23 pm

Oh wait...are you playing the DEMO or have you purchased the game and activated you registration key code???? If you're playing the DEMO or haven't yet activated your game after purchasing it, the Demo stops before the tournament and proceeds no further, so that would be why you aren't seeing the Selection Show.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion