2d gameplay runs badly

2d gameplay runs badly

Postby Clepsydra » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:08 am

I've had previous version of this game and the 2D graphics always ran perfectly smoothly. This version is a disaster. Stalls, stutters, skips - it's nearly unplayable, even when I have nothing else running on the machine. Are there any settings anyone can recommend I look at to get this thing running better? It hardly seems I should need a top-level gaming computer to run 1980s graphics.
Clepsydra

Re: 2d gameplay runs badly

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:09 pm

On your computer, is it the same all the time or doing it at a specific point or points during games? What speed are you running your game at? Does this occur at all speeds? Is the display you're encountering the same all the time or does is vary? When you say it "skips", you're actually missing sections of games? When you say "stalls", it actually stops action completely? If so, what do you have to do to get it to resume? What version of Windows are you using? What kind of processor does your computer have? What other specifics can you provide about what's happening on your computer when playing out 2D games when this happens?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Clepsydra » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:43 pm

So the machine: A Lenova Yoga, 2.4 GHz Intel i3-7100U, running Windows 10. This same machine ran DDCB2018 with no difficulty and for awhile I was even running Civ5 successfully (not impressively, but successfully).

The behavior: The icons slow down, stop, suddenly jump ahead several in the game - similar to what you'll see when a streaming video stalls and then jumps ahead to catch up to where it ought ot be. At the beginning of a game it tends to run fairly smoothly, but it will invariably begin to have problems near the end of the first half or early in the second half and continue for the rest of the game. This is at "half speed" (as measured by the slider position). If I reduce to about 20-25% slider and make sure I have no web browser open, then it can run decently, although not perfectly; having Chrome open, even to a static page, definitely harms the performance of the 2D display.
Clepsydra

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:18 pm

Although I sometimes see a bit of herky-jerky movement, I'm definitely not seeing it to the degree you are...in fact most of the time I don't encounter it all and I play at a faster speed that you are. I'd suggest you send in a Support Ticket with as many details as possible...maybe Gary will have some suggestions for improvement.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Clepsydra » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:57 am

Thanks
Clepsydra

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion