2D Engine

2D Engine

Postby cdcool » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:49 pm

Any changes/improvements made to the 2D presentaion?
cdcool

Re: 2D Engine

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:10 pm

You can sim\play by quarter
In play game mode your roster won't use backups if you have a specific package set
Penalties should show yellow boxes
You can turn on play calling for off/def only if you want to just call one side of the ball
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:You can sim\play by quarter
In play game mode your roster won't use backups if you have a specific package set
Penalties should show yellow boxes
You can turn on play calling for off/def only if you want to just call one side of the ball

In terms of just Watching the games, anything added, player pic's, different options for sprites other than circles, any changes to the presentation?
Thanks
cdcool

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:00 pm

No changes were made to those items.
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:05 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:No changes were made to those items.

Disappointing but okay
cdcool

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:27 pm

If you have ideas and suggestions I'm sure Gary would be open to updating those pages.
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:05 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If you have ideas and suggestions I'm sure Gary would be open to updating those pages.

For one, you were playing around with having player photo's showing up during the game, which added more immersion.
Also, having small helmets with team logo's instead of just circles and adding Player names maybe could be looked at.
2D games are boring to watch in it's current state compared to other simular Football games in my opinion.
cdcool

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:19 pm

We looked at player names on the field, but even with just skill position players it's completely unreadable and a jumbled mess. Not sure about helmets with logos... seems like you'd lose all of the detail making them that small and it would cause more clutter and be hard to watch. I can look into it, but probably not for PF22.

For player photos we had those in the rotators, but the plays happen so quickly that the rotators wouldn't get to all of the players before the play flipped and the lineup changed. We could do some sort of player highlight based on the result of the play, but you'd only have a split second to see it before the play moved on and it would probably cover up some more of the UI which people also didn't like. I'll discuss with Gary to see if he wants to try some different treatments.
brooks_piggott

Postby dl5175 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:08 am

Do the plays start from the correct hash mark? Both Football games always start plays from the middle. Should make a difference in results of the play as well as play calling. The college field should have wider hash marks.
dl5175

Postby cdcool » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:14 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:We looked at player names on the field, but even with just skill position players it's completely unreadable and a jumbled mess. Not sure about helmets with logos... seems like you'd lose all of the detail making them that small and it would cause more clutter and be hard to watch. I can look into it, but probably not for PF22.

For player photos we had those in the rotators, but the plays happen so quickly that the rotators wouldn't get to all of the players before the play flipped and the lineup changed. We could do some sort of player highlight based on the result of the play, but you'd only have a split second to see it before the play moved on and it would probably cover up some more of the UI which people also didn't like. I'll discuss with Gary to see if he wants to try some different treatments.

The Basketbal game is much better, the Football games something more than what you have now.

Thanks
cdcool

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess