UI transition speed

UI transition speed

Postby Cleasby » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:23 am

The transition speed for the UI is far slower than last year.

Specifically changing between any items of the lefthand side dashboard. This seems to be because the UI is loading a black screen then a DDPF22 logo and then the item the user wants.

This seems to be taking between 3-5 seconds to load on a heavily spec'd PC.

I would encourage either removing the transitions to reduce the time here or look at some way to speed this up.
Cleasby

Re: UI transition speed

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:54 am

As far as I know we didn't add any additional transition time. 3-5 seconds is kind of expected since that's how much data we're loading into memory for the pages. The more data or the more complicated the page the longer the delay. I'm constantly trying to tweak it to run faster, but we also keep adding more data into the pages so it's a constant battle. And I much prefer a delay loading time on the page to keep interactions on the page a bit faster. Still it's something we're aware of and will keep an eye on.
brooks_piggott

Postby Fire-Bred » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:04 pm

Hey Guys this is something I find concerning. From the point I clicked on the shortcut for DDSPF22 it took it 45 seconds just for it to have a window appear. From the point of that window appearing to the main menu appearing it took it 33 seconds for that to happen resulting in a total 1 minute and 18 seconds for the game to open. The real concerning thing here is how long it takes the game to just appear making it seem like it didn't register which would result in someone spam clicking it (can confirm i did this before I timed the entire process) causing the boot times to be even slower.
Fire-Bred

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:11 pm

Fire-Bred wrote:Hey Guys this is something I find concerning. From the point I clicked on the shortcut for DDSPF22 it took it 45 seconds just for it to have a window appear. From the point of that window appearing to the main menu appearing it took it 33 seconds for that to happen resulting in a total 1 minute and 18 seconds for the game to open. The real concerning thing here is how long it takes the game to just appear making it seem like it didn't register which would result in someone spam clicking it (can confirm i did this before I timed the entire process) causing the boot times to be even slower.

That is odd, not seeing that myself. Takes about 4-5 seconds before the game window shows up showing the company logos, couple more seconds after that to get to main menu. Any chance some other software interfering, such as anti-virus?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:21 pm

Yea I've never seen 30 seconds... It certainly could be slower for folks using older hardware or lower power laptops, but 30 seconds to open seems excessive. I'd double check antivirus/internet scanning programs to make sure it's not just stuck with those. We didn't really change much from PF21 to PF22 with regards to the platform so I expect it to perform about the same.
brooks_piggott

Postby Fire-Bred » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea I've never seen 30 seconds... It certainly could be slower for folks using older hardware or lower power laptops, but 30 seconds to open seems excessive. I'd double check antivirus/internet scanning programs to make sure it's not just stuck with those. We didn't really change much from PF21 to PF22 with regards to the platform so I expect it to perform about the same.

Nothing interfering with it. I have it all anti virus programs exempting DDSPF22
Fire-Bred

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:36 pm

I would double check you're excluding the game folder and the docs folder (and maybe unsync it from OneDrive if you use it)

Exclude:

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Wolverine Studios
C:\Program Files\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2022
brooks_piggott

Postby Fire-Bred » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:40 pm

Yep dont use onedrive (or any other cloud file system) and have those excluded
Fire-Bred

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess