Request - draft salaries

Request - draft salaries

Postby Cleasby » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:22 am

I appreciate this is probably a multiplayer only issue and not one for SP so likely bottom of the list.

But could I request that draft salaries are enhanced so that we can assign a salary by pick in the Commish finances area so we do not have to keep manually editing every single draft picks salary and years amount manually.

My thoughts are that this ties in nicely with the contract max and mins enhancement that had already been made.
Cleasby

Re: Request - draft salaries

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:55 am

I would also like to see this. Great call Cleasby.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:06 pm

You want a grid of 32*7 rounds (or 32*85 or whatever a genesis draft is) where you can pre-set every salary? Even if I did put something that detailed in the game it wouldn't work anyway with the current system. We're doing min/max by position which wouldn't be known prior to the pick being made... so you would end up pre-setting a salary that may not work within the confines of the min/max you set for that position.
brooks_piggott

Postby Cleasby » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:You want a grid of 32*7 rounds (or 32*85 or whatever a genesis draft is) where you can pre-set every salary? Even if I did put something that detailed in the game it wouldn't work anyway with the current system. We're doing min/max by position which wouldn't be known prior to the pick being made... so you would end up pre-setting a salary that may not work within the confines of the min/max you set for that position.

Grid by draft would be ideal. And I would assume the draft contracts overwrite any position contract max and min logic tables.

If it's not possible it's not possible. But it's a shame from MP point over view as this takes a long time to manually edit.
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:30 pm

ok best I can do is add a giant text box in settings and let you fill out as many rows as you want. then i'll check that list and assign that number (adjusted for min/max of the position) when the player is drafted.
brooks_piggott

Postby KW77 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:57 pm

i would think the easiest way would be to allow the game to import an excel file or txt file with that info
KW77

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 pm

Pretty sure you all are the only ones that are going to use it, but I put it in. However, I only did the box method which was much quicker than building a full on import system for it.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess