Query - RFA process

Query - RFA process

Postby Cleasby » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi Brooks,

I am looking to test the RFA process but I am at a bit of a loss to test it.

I understand its a human GM only element but could you help clarify a few things so I can test it correctly:

1. When and how does the tendering process work? I can see in the player bio there is a tender line but I am unaware how to activate it for a player. Does this need to be done at a certain point?
2. What years experience does the tender apply to, i.e. how many years after they have been drafted? Can it be edited?
3. In the commish options I see tender contract amounts first/second round and first round refusal. How many years after they have been drafted can a tender be applied?
4. Can you explain what first refusal tender does? Does this give the home team the right to exercise a contract the player has agreed with another team? Does this need to be exercised in the same phase of the RFA process?
5. Can it be backward applied to current multiplayer leagues for previous draftees in 21 or is it just forward looking, so to be used the multiplayer league needs to have run x drafts before RFAs can be used?

Appreciate this is a lot of questions but I am struggling to test this.
Cleasby

Re: Query - RFA process

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:08 pm

You tender anyone with 2 years of experience... meaning they're in their third year. You tender instead of offering a contract, similar to franchising them. You can change the tender up to the end of the season or whenever the contract tab disappears.

Tender amounts match the type of tender... so if you offer a first round tender that's the salary you'd be giving the player (on a one year deal). If someone else offers a better deal you have the right to match, or not-match in which case you'd get a first round pick (first round tender) second round pick (second round tender) or nothing (first refusal).

RFA Stage 1 is where other teams can make offers on tendered RFAs. RFA Stage 2 is where teams decide whether to match or take the compensation.

The tender thing just appears in contracts for players with 2 years experience in their third year... doesn't really look forward or backward at all.
brooks_piggott

Postby Cleasby » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:45 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:You tender anyone with 2 years of experience... meaning they're in their third year. You tender instead of offering a contract, similar to franchising them. You can change the tender up to the end of the season or whenever the contract tab disappears.

Tender amounts match the type of tender... so if you offer a first round tender that's the salary you'd be giving the player (on a one year deal). If someone else offers a better deal you have the right to match, or not-match in which case you'd get a first round pick (first round tender) second round pick (second round tender) or nothing (first refusal).

RFA Stage 1 is where other teams can make offers on tendered RFAs. RFA Stage 2 is where teams decide whether to match or take the compensation.

The tender thing just appears in contracts for players with 2 years experience in their third year... doesn't really look forward or backward at all.

Thanks this will help with testing it.

So we cannot change the years experience to tender offer? I don't see an option in the Commish page.

Just 2 years isn't very long if the typical draftee has a contract longer than 2 years from the start.
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:13 am

I chose 3 years to mirror NFL style contracts.
brooks_piggott

Postby Cleasby » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:38 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I chose 3 years to mirror NFL style contracts.

Great thanks Brooks. Look forward to testing this.
Cleasby

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess