Query - RFA offers

Query - RFA offers

Postby Cleasby » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Probably because its a new process but as the 'home' team who holds the tender offers I am not able to bid or offer a contract for my RFA players until the option to match stage. Is this correct?

Also as a 'bidder' I make the offers in RFA 1 and I cannot then see the offer in RFA 2. It shows no players to bid on or oustanding contracts, which is not quite right as the home team is deciding to match, I am not sure the communication for this point is well presented as its confusing to the bidder if they have a bid in or not as they cannot see any data.
Cleasby

Re: Query - RFA offers

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:56 pm

No, you can't bid on your own tendered player... you already offered them a tender contract.

After RFA1 your own RFA should show on the list with the amount they're being offered and by whom. You choose to match and it replaces the tender contract amount with the other team's offer. Or you do nothing and at the end of RFA2 it will swap the players and the picks.
brooks_piggott

Postby Cleasby » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:09 pm

Another query on this.

What is the logic if a team makes multiple RFA offers which require a first round pick to be given up?

Looks like they can only give up the current 1st round pick. So if they bid on multiple players and the offer is not matched by the home team how does the game decide which player signs in exchange for the first round pick?
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:03 pm

Basically they can't win more than one... so if they have multiple offers out the first one that the player accepts is considered done (even if the original team matches). Any other offers they had outstanding are ignored as invalid.
brooks_piggott

Postby Cleasby » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:44 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Basically they can't win more than one... so if they have multiple offers out the first one that the player accepts is considered done (even if the original team matches). Any other offers they had outstanding are ignored as invalid.

So what are the rules validation which determines the first player to accept it?

Is it alphabetical, overall rating, position etc? It would helpf to clarify this as in my tests I had two LBs from the same team accept offers and the home team did not match but I am not sure exactly why one was picked over the other under the games accepting order.
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:24 pm

it uses the same FA bidding logic to decide between offers
brooks_piggott

Postby Cleasby » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:10 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:it uses the same FA bidding logic to decide between offers

Yeah that does not help much, I am not worried about the logic to make a player sign a RFA what I want to know is if 2 players accept the RFA bid from one team and both 'home' teams do not match what is the logic as to who is signed first?

How does the game decide who is 'first' to sign?
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:03 pm

Players are processed in descending order (best to worst). I did find a bug in the logic for when draft picks are exhausted that I'll fix this week.
brooks_piggott

Postby Cleasby » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Players are processed in descending order (best to worst). I did find a bug in the logic for when draft picks are exhausted that I'll fix this week.

Best to worst meaning overall rating? If rating is the same is it alphabetical? Thinking scenario where overall is not used in a league etc.
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:00 pm

Not OVR that you see... an internal ranking one we use. I suppose if it ties it would go based on the order they are in the FA array in the game.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess