Blitzing

Blitzing

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:42 pm

I have a questions and an ask about blitzing.

Is this how blitzing works: if during a game a blitz is called the AI selects a play at random from the blitz playbook? if this isnt how it works how does it? because I have noticed teams frequently call plays not in their book?

If this is true could we get an option to set the chance to zero? And could the plays in the blitz playbook be added to the common set of plays available to add to play books? Could we get an option to populate our own blitz set in the future?
NotMikeZimmer

Re: Blitzing

Postby cboy704 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:05 am

Not sure if you can add stock blitz plays to your playbook, but you can set your Blitz weight to zero in the strategy.

You can also create defensive plays that you can add to your playbook where you can set who you want to blitz.
cboy704

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 am

lowest it blitz weight can currently be set is 1%.

The reason I asked about adding plays from the blitz sections for multiplayer leagues that dont allow custom plays.

Thank you for the reply though. I appreciate it.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:30 pm

I'm changing this up so that you can set blitz to 0. If you set blitz to 0 it will only use the plays from your playbook, so if you have a bunch of custom blitzes you've set up and added to the playbook it will call those in the normal course of a game.

Any other number than 1 and it will select a blitz from the internal playbook of blitzes.

If you're playing the games out and calling plays you can see the blitz playbook and select a play from there.

I'll look at being able to add the internal blitzes to custom playbooks but I'll have to do more research first on what affects this may have on leagues.
brooks_piggott

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:32 pm

Thanks! I appreciate you getting back to me on this.
NotMikeZimmer

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess