Defense

Defense

Postby RaidersFan65 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:47 pm

A few things I'd like to see on defense.

1) The ability to choose distance definitions. What's 3rd and medium to me is not what's 3rd and medium to someone else. 3rd and 4 is NOT short distance... you can't reasonably expect a run play to be successful in getting a first down on 3rd and 4. BUT, 2nd and 4 IS a short yardage situation, as two short runs is likely to bring a first down. So, rather than a set number, I'd like to be able to tell the game what I think is short, medium, long in each down situation.

1a) Also, in this same vein, if you are going to have first and short, medium, long... you don't need 1st and 10 in my opinion.

2) I'd like to be able to call defensive plays based on the personnel the offense sends out. This is especially critical in my new team in PF22. I have a LB who is a better cover guy than my nickel back. If they come out in Spread (3WR, 1TE, 1RB), I would like to use a play with my base defense.

3) I'd like to be able to choose which player each defender in man coverage will cover. I've seen plays where I have a 43 base defense and 7 guys in man coverage. The CBs cover the WRs, and everyone else covers the TE (so I have 5 guys moving to cover the TE). This would be especially helpful on overload blitzes where I need a linebacker to cover a guy on the other side of the formation.

4) I'd like to be able to run stunts on the defensive line. Instead of 'rush', it could be bull rush, rush left, rush right. This would allow stunts, as well as put the DEs in a position to 'set the edge' on run plays by having them rush to the outside.

5) I'd like to be able to adjust where players start the play. There are variations in defensive alignment.. 43 under, 43 over, 43 wide, 46 Base and 46 Bear. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea. You can limit where a player can be moved from the 'base' position, so as not to create crazy formations. I'd really like to have my outside linebackers line up over the TEs against the TwoTE formation, and bring my safeties closer to the LoS.

6) I'd like to have a choice of how guys in coverage cover... giving a certain cushion. For example, I would like to be able to play bump and run with one CB I have who is pretty strong (for a CB). I would like to see my CBs playing 5 yards off the line and NOT rushing up to the WR, who then proceeds to run by them and be wide open. It's so frustrating to see this happen.

Thanks!
RaidersFan65

Re: Defense

Postby Cleasby » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:39 am

Item 1 is a great point and one I raised in the twitch show and here before.
Cleasby

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess