RPG?? Please don't.

RPG?? Please don't.

Postby hey_123 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:50 am

Hey just would like to say that the game looks great except for that "play as a player" feature. I understand that it's not for everyone but I really think Wolverine Studios is wasting resources on that feature. People want to play a football sim, not an RPG. That feature will push more people away than bring them into the game.

Thank you.
hey_123

Re: RPG?? Please don't.

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 pm

I STRONGLY disagree, even as someone who will probably not play it much, if at all.

If one of the developers is interested or excited about an idea or feature (that doesn't hurt the game, whatever that would be) they should be encouraged.

Game development is a hard job that requires lots of creativity and problem solving. People who are interested in what they are working on tend to be happier, more creative and more effective at solving problems.

In addition much like with research, people doing things they like also make tangential improvements (as a researcher might discover a cure for an illness while researching fungi. or some other random unrelated thing).

Take for example the training chart on the player card in RPG mode. That training break down chart is great and really reflects the depth of the sim. I would love to see something like that implemented for each player in future versions.

I think that if Asger wants to work on an RPG element he should. And I think that as he does so he will make improvements to other aspects of the game as result. And I, for one, am happy we have developers so interested in working on the game and supporting it.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby savoie72 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 pm

The idea, as a developer, is to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible. There are quite a few people who simply want to create themselves and then play as themselves on their favorite team or play as their favorite player. Having options is never a bad thing.
savoie72

Postby Rizzo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:56 pm

I agree with both above. As the commissioner of an online league, of course what would most benefit us is continuing to pour 100% of the resources into making the engine better and better. I'm sure that's always the top priority of the development team as well. But why is adding an additional game mode, that could potentially draw in additional customers, a bad thing for a smaller company? I'm not sure how many people know this, but there are some absolutely MASSIVE sim leagues where you create a player and only control them through league activities (writing articles, Tweeting as your player, etc.). I've already talked with the developer that is heading this new game mode and if they were able to tweak this mode to have those leagues utilize the game engine it would be huge for their bottom line.

At the end of the day, as a developer (which I am one) if what you are working on is not something you are passionate about, your work will be half-assed. This is a passion project for one of the developers and the rest of the team is on board with the addition so let their creative genius flow!
Rizzo

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:23 pm

hey_123 wrote:Hey just would like to say that the game looks great except for that "play as a player" feature. I understand that it's not for everyone but I really think Wolverine Studios is wasting resources on that feature. People want to play a football sim, not an RPG. That feature will push more people away than bring them into the game.

Thank you.

Idk, i see a lot of the stuff included that could possibly make its way into the normal game. In the actual mode, your just controlling it instead of the AI.
SirMichaelJordan

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess