Issue: Free agency demands

Issue: Free agency demands

Postby Cleasby » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm

So I have spent the pass few days looking at contracts, both free agency and contract extensions. I will try and cover the issues I see with the current free agency/contract system here.

For clarity here are the league contract settings I have been using (replciating the multiplayer league I run or as close to it as I can).

Contract demand dips by overall not personality
What I am seeing is there seems to be a drop off when the overall rating of the player dips below 73. The contracts drop drastically from mid range between the min and max by position to the bottom 30% or so.
Now I do not have an exact reason why other than overall rating and it appears to be regardless of position.

My question is whether this is something to do with the way the calculation for contract demands work and the ranges I have set or if it is something else? Are my contract max and mins too high and throwing off demands?

See for example I have RBs listed in FA. Notice the drop in contract demands? I have added their personality ratings too so you can see value money is irrelevant in this.

Also I see a material drop off across the board for under 70 overall which results in players often asking for close to min. Fine if these are bench fodder in a league but more of an issue if 60's are rotation players. Again not sure why this is.

There is also a huge drop off in player demand when we look at sub 69. Often resulting in incredibly cheap long term contracts which are in the bottom 10-15%. It reflects the nature most are bench/practice squad fodder but it is a sizeable drop off again.

To reflect that this is relevant across all positions I have tried and it does not seem to matter what the max/min for position is.

I would be grateful if this can be looked into as it creates some challenges if players are at the borderline of each range.

Player personality sidenote
I have noticed in general for the players used at default the demand money rating has the most drastic shift in that the 1-100 scale is fully used. In comparison other personality traits on a glance appear to offer within 40 points of each other. This in the lower overall ranges this can result in incredibly large swings of player demands. See below an example. I would maybe suggest a lower sensitivity for less quality players in general. For the top players the sensitivity in free agency seesm to be reasonable:

Cleasby

Re: Issue: Free agency demands

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:15 pm

Since the contracts now have a much wider spread by default I can adjust some of these numbers. Based on your post I'm gleaning that you want 75ish and below players bumped up in a pay a bit. Should be doable.
brooks_piggott

Postby KW77 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:21 pm

I think the asking prices should be judged by percentile at their position rather than an OVR
KW77

Postby Cleasby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:11 pm

KW77 wrote:I think the asking prices should be judged by percentile at their position rather than an OVR

That would be awesome. I think there seems to be an odd drop when overall rating drops.
Cleasby

Postby Skycast » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Can I just say I LOVE the Personality and Personal Value "spider web" thingies.
Skycast

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess