Does the AI adjust to Line changes?

Does the AI adjust to Line changes?

Postby hey_123 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 am

Hi there, I was wondering if the AI reacts differently depending on the personnel on the field.

For Example:

If I use a package that has the WRs out for TEs who can block better, is the AI more likely to expect a run-play? Or let's say I use a package with the starting QB out for a QB who is better on the ground, is the AI more likely to expect a run from the QB for that particular play?

Thank you.
hey_123

Re: Does the AI adjust to Line changes?

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:45 pm

I know I'm not a dev, but I can answer this one for you.

No the AI doesn't do anything like this. Basically defenders make "reads" based on intelligence, position skill and Mike defender effects. Modified by other factors like coaches, gameplan, etc..

The plays are called based on statistical probabilities drawn from the population of a given play book, and blitz percentages. They are never reactive to your formation (except with Matching CBs to WR) or depth chart.

Hope this answered your question and was helpful. If you want more specifics you'll need a dev. But this is how I understand it.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:39 pm

Correct, the AI follows the defensive game plan percentages for different scenarios. It doesn't switch plays based on personnel. There are some checks and intelligence in there based on what the offense does, but it's not really looking at specifics of a formation to make those decisions.
brooks_piggott

Postby hey_123 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:08 am

Thanks for your replies!
hey_123

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 FirstAccess