Setup Multiplayer league

Re: Setup Multiplayer league

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Not really... I have a couple sites at GoDaddy and sometimes you can get inexpensive hosting when buying a domain. Otherwise I've mostly been moving to Azure for stuff.
brooks_piggott

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:10 pm

So GoDaddy and Azure 100% work with this? That's really all I need to know. It seems the key thing I need is FTP access and searching for FTP webhosting never brought me to go daddy or Azure. So I just want to make sure, and typically will the basic plan be enough to do what is required to make this work?
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:43 am

I know GoDaddy works and you should be able to use their small plans. The uploads aren't huge files and it's static stuff so you don't really need a high end plan with lots of processing, etc.

I wouldn't do Azure unless you are comfortable with cloud providers and all the services they offer.

Otherwise pretty much any web host that gives you ftp access and web access should work: https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-we ... g-services

It's just the free ones that support the sites with ads or redirects are the ones you have to watch out for.
brooks_piggott

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:43 pm

I got it working. It was because I had free one.

I'm on my way to success. Next up I did the draft with my buddy and somehow almost every team ended up 150,000,000 over the cap. Is that normal?

And when I try to import the changes my buddy made I get an error that says invalidkey/old export. Do you know how to fix that?
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby AKH » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:08 am

your buddy most likely exported on an old version of the file.

When you are about to sim, take care to download the file from the server and import as the first thing you do before making any changes. After each sim you friend needs to pull down the latest version of the file, he cant keep working on the one he has since that is outdated (invalid key means its the wrong version of the file compared to the one you are importing to)
AKH

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:17 am

Alright. I am getting the hang of this. My last question is as the commissioner. When I initially load the game. Do I also load the url or do I load the local game? And when a user logs in do they login via URL everytime?
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby AKH » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:47 am

yes - it is recommended that both commish and users load via the URL everytime to make sure everyone is using the same file.

Only use the local save (listed in your savegame dropdown with only the leaguename and not the URL) is only if you didnt do all the things you wanted to your team before an export in one session and want to make further changes before you export. But in these cases take care, because if a new file is on the server and you export on an older file from your local save you will get a version mismatch.
AKH

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:49 am

As commissioner we also recommend you take periodic copies of the league .bin file and store them somewhere else so you can roll back in case of any issues or corruption in the files.
brooks_piggott

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion