Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:37 am

Brooks, thank you for the prompt responses, as well as everyone's input.

I have nine-out-of-the-top-ten longest TD runs through 13-weeks being by QBs. I have QB's get in the open field and just outrun everyone.
There are four teams in my 40-team sandbox league that lead their respective teams in passing and rushing.

I appreciate dual-threat quarterbacks, and it crossed my mind that you were being progressive, that you might be attempting to emulate Lamar and Murray?
I am not really gripping or trying to start a conflict, it just seemed a little odd and I wanted to see if it was just me, or had others noticed this also?

I have some badass runningbacks that don't have these types of runs; I do not want to mess with the advanced settings too much and burn the soup.

I am cool with it, it may be a precursor to the future of the offensive game(?)
Werewolftwentyone
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby AKH » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:04 am

Just preemptively: Everyone in this conversation needs to double check that they are on version 6.0.4

:)
User avatar
AKH
Moderator
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby chargerrich » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:52 am

I too am seeing too many "unbelieveable" QB rush stats. Brooks, you mentioned the QB stats are tied to other factors, may i make a suggestion?

I simmed two seasons with Lamar and he had 9TD runs over 60 yards in two seasons. Once he got behind the defense (with a tweaked 85 speed) he could not be caught by the likes Denzel Ward and Donte Jackson... both of whom are far faster than him.

While that is a problem I also had Russell Wilson and Josh Allen pull of 85 and 77 yard TD runs.... highest suspect.

Perhaps in addition to the "running QB" and "dual threat" roles... you could add a third that is reserved for only very special runners like Lamar and Vick and down tune the others?
chargerrich
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:42 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Only way I'd fix it is to turn down all of the QB's except for the ones with the highest attributes (and I'd fix the long runs in the process). So if you want a Lamar or a Kyler you'd have to set up attributes to match. I always thought it was odd to have a QB with 99 speed which is why we allow for QB's with high 80's to get good long rushes, but it does throw off the comparisons to DB's or RB's with similar speed ratings. Not sure if this is something that could go into a patch or if I have to wait for a future version... won't affect new leagues obviously but any league in-flight may have issues with it. I only expect to have another patch or two so I kind of need to know now if this is something that needs to be addressed.
User avatar
Brooks_Piggott
Moderator
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby ashantewarrier » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:18 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Only way I'd fix it is to turn down all of the QB's except for the ones with the highest attributes (and I'd fix the long runs in the process). So if you want a Lamar or a Kyler you'd have to set up attributes to match. I always thought it was odd to have a QB with 99 speed which is why we allow for QB's with high 80's to get good long rushes, but it does throw off the comparisons to DB's or RB's with similar speed ratings. Not sure if this is something that could go into a patch or if I have to wait for a future version... won't affect new leagues obviously but any league in-flight may have issues with it. I only expect to have another patch or two so I kind of need to know now if this is something that needs to be addressed.


Please make this fix! It would make the play and QB rushing stats realistic. Right now QB rushing stats and long runs are way out of wack and arcade like. Thanks!
ashantewarrier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:35 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby ashantewarrier » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:24 pm

Also, can you tamp down the number of dual threat and rushing QB’s generated? I can seethe point of a greater number of running QB’s in the college game. But there should be a lesser number of running QB’s in the pro game.
ashantewarrier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:35 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby AKH » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:28 am

AKH wrote:Just preemptively: Everyone in this conversation needs to double check that they are on version 6.0.4

:)
User avatar
AKH
Moderator
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby ashantewarrier » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:57 am

AKH wrote:
AKH wrote:Just preemptively: Everyone in this conversation needs to double check that they are on version 6.0.4

:)

I’m on version 6.0.4
ashantewarrier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:35 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby ashantewarrier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi Brooks- Here are the results of a 60 year sim using CPU generated rosters. QB rushing numbers are still high.

https://imgur.com/AsXHQyc

Image
ashantewarrier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:35 pm

Re: Quarterbacks with magic motors.

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Yea, I put some tweaks in for QB rushing for the next patch.
User avatar
Brooks_Piggott
Moderator
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Austin, TX

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests