Wishlist - Ideas

Re: Wishlist - Ideas

Postby NBryant » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:25 pm

gbmoore wrote:For Franchise tags, there is a franchise tag calculation/check box in the game. For cuts, you can set a % of salary penalty that does cause dead cap space. Are you talking about expanding those?

Not going to lie GB I haven't been in the game in a while, been living in a number of FOF leagues. Still, the cut should be based on the total of the awarded contract. Example; player recieves a $5mil contract at $1mil a season. That player is cut after 1 season therefore the cost the franchise should incur would be a percentage of the remaining $4mil and not $1mil based on his annual salary. Maybe it does this and I missed it somewhere. In the end this may temper some GM's from offering wild contracts if they consider they may release the player before the end of the contract.
NBryant

Postby AKH » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:52 am

cap hits for cuts are already in the game and have been there for several versions.

The hit is a percentage of his salary each year left on the contract.

You can change the percentage in the settings.

e.g. you cut a guy with 4 mill salary with 4 years left with the setting on 25%, you get have penalty of 1 mill for the next four years.
AKH

Postby Invisible Witness » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:38 pm

After every key play like Touchdown, Sack or Interception I'd like to see player picture with relevant stat pop up for few seconds. So let's say CB makes interception then his picture pops up with number of interceptions made during that season. Something like that :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bStVvi ... p=drivesdk
Invisible Witness

Postby HikerHiker » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:21 pm

Single table, round Robin. Top table champion. Pro rel. Euro soccer style league build.
HikerHiker

Postby Invisible Witness » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:41 pm

Player Chemistry/Partnership.
How well players play with each other. New QB on a team = low chemistry with WR ( unless former teamate or college teamate ) = lower percentage of completion
Same goes for players playing other positions
Screenshot sample :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BrLmYX ... sp=sharing
Invisible Witness

Postby Murburto » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:05 pm

I would like an owner/gm mode. You can hire/fire head coaches and let the coach hire his staff. Call it Jerry Jones mode. Other gm mode would work the same, but you can't be fired, because you own the team. The other CPU controlled teams can offer you trades too. Also, I wish there was a breakdown of what you could control. I like drafting, trading players and signing free agents. The other gm responsibilities I wish could be automated without having everything lumped in together with that role.
Murburto

Postby ECHood » Wed May 04, 2022 9:09 am

Receiving trade offers from other teams, especially right before and during the draft. (pretty new to the game and haven't seen this yet in a few seasons)

A few more email prompts reminding and explaining what the next phase you are advancing to in the offseason is (missed draft scouting because I advanced too far one time)

It feels to me like there aren't enough scouting opportunities to use for a 7-round draft.

Other teams hiring your coordinators in the offseason (does this exist?)

Converting money to signing bonuses to save cap space on contracts (feasible?)

More specifics on positions for linebackers - MLB and OLB instead of LB for all, since we have to account for this in the depth chart

For draft classes, no players from colleges that don't have football programs, and a heavier emphasis on players from Division I, especially the biggest and best programs.
ECHood

Postby NBryant » Sun May 15, 2022 10:22 am

A few points as I learn more.

First. Would appreciate seeing an automated CAP increase from season to season. i.e. upon league creation allow the player to input a starting CAP point like you have now as well as the associated salaries. From that point on though have an automated increase that is randomly determined but may range from 3-8%. Again this would include both overall CAP and the position minimums. This would aid in streamlining this part of the financials and from an immersion point would represent the "League" front office making the decision. This would prove to be beneficial to both multiplayer leagues in reducing commish workload as well as the solitaire player. I'm not a coder but in my simple brain this doesn't seem to be something that would be difficult to do.

Second. Something that I know would be harder to incorporate would be a system that uses the teams reputation, facility and staff in addition to a contract offer for a free agent to choose their destination. Reputation and staff, easy enough to understand. A winning history/legacy. Maybe a new coaching staff that has a legacy of winning to include coordinators that were supporting a winning HC and carried that legacy to another franchise if they become and HC themselves. Facility would represent the team location, the stadium condition. Stadium condition would have to be tied to some form of team income both from the league for TV rights or away game compensation. For home games concessions, team memorabilia. etc. These monies would then be spent on stadium upkeep, i.e. field, open air to dome conversion, capacity, etc., which in turn could increase their annual revenue as well as attract better FA's.

Third. Compensatory picks for poached staff. If a coordinator is offered and accepts a head coach position for another team the orifinating team is given an additional third round pick (3rd round pick was just a rondom thought).
NBryant

Postby NBryant » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:14 pm

The addition of a default "GM" type contract setting. i.e. if I wanted to choose that all of my contracts are back loaded I can select that as my default. From there, if I choose, I can negotiate each and then choose a different type.
NBryant

Postby NBryant » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:14 pm

Create an internal or external tool that multiplayer league commishes and players could use to conduct the draft. Devise it to allow the commish or administrator to set time limits throughout the draft as well as having it notify a team when they are on the clock. It would be amazing if the current in game draft display were a foundation that the commish could display during the leagues draft with it scolling through recent picks.

Intent - commish functions need to be streamlined for areas like the draft, annual CAP adjustment, etc. Single players here help sales (and must be considered) but your money is in user created leagues.
NBryant

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion