QB Rushing Stats Are Out Of Control! PLEASE FIX!

Re: QB Rushing Stats Are Out Of Control! PLEASE FIX!

Postby zbguy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:47 pm

QB rushing seems improved in 6.0.1, but I'm curious about the scrambling aspect because I'm still not seeing QBs do minor rushes as they scramble out of a collapsing pocket or something. It's either the QB will never rush, or will only rush if he's a duel-threat/rushing QB or the coach is more inclined to run those plays. But at least the numbers for rushing QBs are more reasonable now
zbguy

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:22 pm

There are multiple checks in place (attributes, traits, personality, etc.) to see if a QB decides to scramble, but most of the time it's only the running QB's that tend to pass the checks and take off (or the non-rushing qb's pass the checks but still don't make it far enough to avoid sacks)
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I think the QB's get more because they have the scramble ability that puts them out in space without as many defenders. I also didn't want RB to get too out of whack with R40 and R20 so I can't really buff them...

If I nerf the QB then you won't see Lamar Jackson types going for 1k yards. It's hard to tune the engine to allow a QB to hit 1k, but only allow it once every 20 years kind of thing. I got crushed in feedback because QB never went for 1k, so in order to enable it, this is kind of how it ended up. I'll keep thinking on it and tinkering with the engine, but for now we feel like it's in the realm of reasonable and probably won't change much.

Thanks for the explanation Brooks.

Question, does the "Running QB?" lead to scramble ability that puts them out in space? Maybe trim down the number of QB's with this attribute checked?
ashantewarrier

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:23 pm

Running QB's will scramble more, and will scramble more effectively. The game randomly generates them and as it stands it's not a super common occurrence so I'm not sure we'll be adjusting it. (Last I remember the feedback was that people wanted more of them created, not less, but that may have been college football related)
brooks_piggott

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion