QB Rushing Stats Are Out Of Control! PLEASE FIX!

QB Rushing Stats Are Out Of Control! PLEASE FIX!

Postby ashantewarrier » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:23 pm

First let me say thanks Brooks and Gary for giving us this great game! It has a lot of promise but there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, and that is QB rushing.

The QB career rushing and single season rushing totals are way out of wack and beyond realism. I simmed over 30 years to check season totals. Below is a sample of my results. I wanted to enclose a screen shot but the message boards won't allow me to upload an attachment.

RUSHING YARDS- SEASON
2037 B. Lopes-QB 2303
2034 B. Fitch- RB 1840
2039 R. Kolb - RB 1827
*Note- The top all-time rushing yards in a season is by QB Lopes.

RUSHING TD'S- SEASON
2037 B. Lopes - QB 32
2036 B. Lopes - QB 28
2034 B. Moore - QB
*Note- all the top 10 rushing TD's in a season are by QB's. The lowest total is 22 rushing TD's, which is by a QB

LONGEST RUN- SEASON
2025 Z. Wilson - QB 99
2028 B. Lopes - QB 99
2036 J. Marshall - QB 99
*Note- all the longest runs are by QB's. All are 97 and above. All by QB's.
Last edited by ashantewarrier on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashantewarrier

Re: QB Rushing Stats Are Out Of Control! PLEASE FIX!

Postby Rittflyers » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:43 pm

Question for the Devs have the stats been tweaked? I know this was something you said hold off on because you didn't wanna tweak too much
Rittflyers

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:54 pm

Yea, we are seeing rushing around the 4.2 mark, and QB's getting 1k rushing yards (like Lamar Jackson who has really good ratings) but I haven't seen QB's getting 2k yards. I'll have to check into it for CPU rosters and teams.
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:31 pm

It's not just rushing yards. Rushing TD's and longest run leaders are all QB's.
ashantewarrier

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:45 pm

Also an Average of 4.2 doesn't really tell the whole story. QBs are having Massive runs and negative or short yardage runs which are distorting the average.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby Cleasby » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:28 am

NotMikeZimmer wrote:Also an Average of 4.2 doesn't really tell the whole story. QBs are having Massive runs and negative or short yardage runs which are distorting the average.

this
Cleasby

Postby zbguy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:54 pm

that was an issue in 21, QBs who were running QBs would have feast-or-famine games where if they managed positive yardage it would be a few massive runs between a bunch of tiny/negative-yardage runs.

Should also address how non-running QBs will either a) never rush, or presumably never scramble if the pocket breaks down, or b) will have these 2 rushes for -4 yards outputs, which are not being caused by kneeldowns as far as I can tell.
zbguy

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:01 pm

6.0.1 is released with some updates for these stats
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:6.0.1 is released with some updates for these stats

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy as of late, and just getting around to running some test sims with the latest patch.

I ran a couple of 30 year test sims using the computer generated rosters, and QB rushing looks tuned down and more realistic. Not as many QB's as rushing leaders. My one gripe is that QB's still seem to prevalent in the top 10 longest runs. RB's do not seem to break as many big runs as QB's. Can this be adjusted/tuned a bit? Otherwise the game is showing great promise.

Thanks again Brooks!
ashantewarrier

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:41 pm

I think the QB's get more because they have the scramble ability that puts them out in space without as many defenders. I also didn't want RB to get too out of whack with R40 and R20 so I can't really buff them...

If I nerf the QB then you won't see Lamar Jackson types going for 1k yards. It's hard to tune the engine to allow a QB to hit 1k, but only allow it once every 20 years kind of thing. I got crushed in feedback because QB never went for 1k, so in order to enable it, this is kind of how it ended up. I'll keep thinking on it and tinkering with the engine, but for now we feel like it's in the realm of reasonable and probably won't change much.
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion