Explain how college and pro football games are linked?

Explain how college and pro football games are linked?

Postby andyhdz » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:21 pm

I'm pretty interested in the linking functionality of the college and pro games and I'm trying to figure out what exactly it will show you. Can anybody answer these questions?

I know you still have to manually import the draft classes and this isn't automatic.
there is a button for linked news on the league homepage but it shows nothing. What news is it supposed to show and what do I have to do for that to happen? I've already linked the two leagues together.

What's the best way for me to play the college and football game in order to get the most out of this? Do they have to be synchronous? In other words do I have to play the 2022 college season and then stop once the draft class is generated and then play the pro game so i can see the college news or can I sim multiple years of the college game and save the draft classes and then play the pro game at my pace? Will the college news in the pro game still work if I do that?
andyhdz

Re: Explain how college and pro football games are linked?

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Basically whenever you save your college game it generates a linked output file that you connect in pro football. Every time the pro football screen loads up where there is linked data it will display it. So basically you only have to sim far enough ahead in a college season and save to get the data to appear. If you haven't saved a league yet or there aren't any college messages then they won't appear in the pro game.
brooks_piggott

Postby andyhdz » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:40 pm

Thank you. I played with it more this morning and it makes sense. It displays standings and news of your college league up to where you are in that universe even if the year doesn't match up which makes sense (can't make it too complicated). And you don't have to wait until the draft to actually import the draft file you can import it as soon as the pro season starts so you can take a look at the upcoming draftees in the draft magazine screen as soon as you want.
andyhdz

Postby AKH » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:31 am

AKH

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion