Setup Multiplayer league

Setup Multiplayer league

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:46 pm

I have been trying this literally all day. I've gotten to the point that if I upload or publish league the files will show up on the ftp server that I created and linked.

However if I try to join the league. I get an error saying that the bin file cannot be read as a zip from some unrelated folder.

At this point it won't even let me load the game in local mode and it gives me the same error. Is there a deeper guide for setting up an online league anyone has?
AtlantiasFalcon

Re: Setup Multiplayer league

Postby AKH » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:23 am

AKH

Postby AKH » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:29 am

1. Commish needs to set teams to non CPU and set a PW for each team - then click publish from the league dashboard to upload the file on the server. (obviously only the teams that some user wants to control)
2. User Load the URL to the file on the server. Go to Load Saved League then Load Online League. Paste the URL to the server in the box and click on 'Continue'
3. Navigate the team they own and click team login.
4. Enter the pin that was provided to you by the commish. Then they can make changes to their team and click export (OBS exports overwrite each other so only the latest export will be effective)
5. on sim time, commish clicks import all teams, does the simming and hits publish again to put up a new file on the server.
AKH

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 am

Step 2 is where it is failing. When I load the URL it tries to load some local file that it can't load because it says it is a zip file. I'm trying to set it up and learn it both ways so I can get my friends in. Could the prbludtfi am trying to Join from the same computer I made the league on?
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:38 am

You have to make sure your league url: http://www.yourleaguedomain.com/yourlea ... uename.bin is pointing exactly at the .bin file you published to the web server. (Basically you should be able to enter the same url into a browser and get it to download the file) If it can't download the file from a browser or the url is wrong you'll get that error.

So I would double check the ftp settings you're using, and log into the server to see what folders are being created and if you need to adjust the folder options so that a web url is pointing to the same place. It's possible the ftp is uploading to a different folder than you're expecting and therefore the web url won't work.
brooks_piggott

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:16 am

Could you expand on what to put specifically in the FTP remote directory, vs the webroot. Thank you.
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:28 am

I am using this link - which does download the .bin - http://moneyleague.epizy.com/FinalRun.bin

When I am clicking load league and input that URL i get this error - Error loading league: Could not read C:\Users\DAG\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\Leagues\FinalRun\FinalRun.bin as a zip file
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:31 am

It seems that way, but if the URL is working to download, how do I tell the URL to pull it from the server instead of Local?
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby AKH » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:33 am

tried the link - and you are right - so the best guess is the file you published is corrupted. So you need to put a new file on the server, if you have the savegame open that and publish again. If the savegame is overwritten (because you tried to download the corrupt file) find the .bax file in the savegame folder and rename it to .bin (just delete the existing .bin) and then try to load it as normal.
AKH

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:41 am

Would using a real world mod and schedules cause the issue of it corrupting?
AtlantiasFalcon

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion