Bug - playbook/gameplan reset

Bug - playbook/gameplan reset

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:04 pm

I am not sure what is causing it, but I have now seen playbook and gameplan settings reset to coach defaults randomly. Once at the divisional round of the playoffs and once at the beginning of the preseason.
NotMikeZimmer

Re: Bug - playbook/gameplan reset

Postby Cleasby » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:15 pm

NotMikeZimmer wrote:I am not sure what is causing it, but I have now seen playbook and gameplan settings reset to coach defaults randomly. Once at the divisional round of the playoffs and once at the beginning of the preseason.

That is interesting. We have see that occur in 21 as well but could not put a finger on what was causing it.
Cleasby

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Update - Losing all playbook data following sim when this occurs.

seems to be occurring when a playbook that is in use is modified and the name is changed. After I reloaded and made the same playbook modifications the playbook settings were reset to coach settings. I restored them and simmed just fine. But for some reason if I didnt restore the playbook setting all my custom playbooks where deleted after sim.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:15 pm

Typically we reset things whenever coaches are changed or when the season flips as the coach playbooks change based on personnel.
brooks_piggott

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:48 pm

Neither of these two criteria were met when the Bug I'm describing occurred. I have seen it repeated twice on week 18 (before the last regular season game). with no coach or personal changes, or season flip.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:48 am

Ok, so the playbooks are not being reset by just simming, they're being reset when you go into edit them and/or rename them? Renaming makes sense to me since changing the name of a playbook would alter the saved settings inside your game plan, thus resetting them. We do the reset since we don't want invalid playbooks/names cached inside the game plan or things tend to crash. So yea, if you're editing and updating playbooks and/or making significant changes it very well could be resetting to coach run and you'll have to re-apply your changes.
brooks_piggott

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:43 am

Correct. That makes sense. The sim issue is that after said reset. If you don't catch it and re-apply the game will delete all your custom playbooks after simming. sorry if I did a poor job articulating the issue I wasn't sure exactly sure when/why it was happening at first.
NotMikeZimmer

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion