Settings explained

Settings explained

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:10 pm

I am working on setting up an as close to real experience as possible. The settings that seem must have is "Force strict cap" because without that teams go over the cap by an insane amount. However I do not know what "Exceed cap for extensions" Drop Penalty % or Retiring player percentages even do. They default to 0. Is there a deep guide anywhere to explain these?
AtlantiasFalcon

Re: Settings explained

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:28 pm

Exceed Cap for extensions: Quite simply allows a team to exceed the Cap to resign a player but not for any other reason.

Drop/Retire % penalty: If you set this above zero, lets say 10%, Then when a team releases (cuts, or drops, are other words for this) a player they are penalized that percentage of the outstanding contract against their cap. the same with retirement penalty, if retirement occurs while the player is still under contract.

So in our example at 10% Say I cut a player with a 4 year contract at 1,000,000. Now my team will be penalized 100,000 a year for four years. In words I will have 100,000 less cap space for those 4 years.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:31 pm

So that simulates the dead money aspect of guaranteed money in the NFL? Or is a feature like that already in?
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Yes it does, more or less. except in this case it's like every player has the same percentage of their contract guaranteed. I highly recommend using it especially for multiplayer.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:28 pm

NotMikeZimmer wrote:Yes it does, more or less. except in this case it's like every player has the same percentage of their contract guaranteed. I highly recommend using it especially for multiplayer.

I am 100% going to use it. Do you recommend enforce strict cap?
AtlantiasFalcon

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Its all a matter of preference of course. If you don't use it teams will definitely be over the cap. It can be semi-exploitative to build out your roster and then sign vets over the cap. But there are definitely down sides to doing things that way too. If you have hard cap on, and then exceed the cap for an extension it makes it impossible to bring in new players until you get back under. If your league raises the cap each year like many do its punished less.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby andyhdz » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:42 am

Dont' do enforce strict cap at the very beginning because if you do and you are using real roster players instead of drafting teams will cut Mahomes and Dak Prescott to get under the cap. I rose my salary cap in order to avoid it.
andyhdz

Postby AtlantiasFalcon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:20 pm

andyhdz wrote:Dont' do enforce strict cap at the very beginning because if you do and you are using real roster players instead of drafting teams will cut Mahomes and Dak Prescott to get under the cap. I rose my salary cap in order to avoid it.

Yeah, I had that issue before. I am just going to not use real rosters and thta should circumvent a lot of the problem.
AtlantiasFalcon

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion