Game Memory Drain

Game Memory Drain

Postby Fire-Bred » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:26 am

Hey Devs, today I noticed something really odd. When the game was in idle and just sitting on the first page after downloading the league that my RAM was running at about 85% utilized with all my background apps running which is weird since it normally runs around 60%. So I closed all of the background apps that were not necessary and it was still running at about 75% so I opened my friend task manager up to see just how much RAM was being taken up by the game itself and was baffled by the number. The game at idle was taking 21%(1.1) or 659MBs(1.2) without it doing any type of changes but idling on the league opening page. I think this might be a big reason why the game is so sluggish. To give you an idea of which page it was I have included a screenshot (1.3)

1.1Image
1.2Image
1.3Image
Fire-Bred

Re: Game Memory Drain

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:33 am

The game contains an internal browser which is how we render screens. That browser tends to take up as much ram as it can to handle things, so it doesn't surprise me that it does the same here. It shouldn't affect the sluggishness of the game... that is related to other issues with parsing and calculating data.
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:44 am

How were you able to upload screenshots to the board?
ashantewarrier

Postby Rizzo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:13 am

ashantewarrier wrote:How were you able to upload screenshots to the board?

Looks like he uploaded it to Imgur and then used the [ img ] tag.
Rizzo

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion