Issue with in season FA / practice squad claims

Issue with in season FA / practice squad claims

Postby KW77 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 am

https://championsimleague.com/football/ ... tions.html

In the previous sim, LB LaMarr Woodley was cut.

In the following sim, numerous GMs put in claims for him. The Steelers appear to have signed him to their active roster (NOT practice squad), but then somehow the Buccs got him as well by way of practice squad claims (see bottom of the screenshot). Woodley is now duplicated and present on both rosters.

This makes no sense for a myriad of reasons. 1) The Steelers never signed him to the practice squad and he wasn't on the Buccs practice squad before this so idk where that's coming from,

2) two teams signed the same player

3) The player is now duplicated

Please look into this, thanks
KW77

Re: Issue with in season FA / practice squad claims

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:40 am

I think it is a bug in the sign from PS where it still processes the claim and doesn't realize the player was already signed. I put in a fix for it, but to fix you may need to try and revert to an earlier file... or try releasing the duplicate and deleting them... I'm not exactly sure what the easiest solution will be.
brooks_piggott

Postby KW77 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Ok thanks, it's worth noting that practice squad should have nothing to do with this guy, as he was not on a practice squad to begin with.
KW77

Postby Cleasby » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:56 pm

Steps here for clarity

1. Woodley was released prior sim by Tampa.
2. Steelers export claimed Woodley to active squad (for some reason he was put on the steelers practice squad in the export run)
3. Tampa export also claimed Woodley and game log shows him being claimed from practice squad of steelers.
4. Exports run and player duplicated on both Tampa and Steelers.
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 pm

Yea, the game processes the claim first which puts him on Pitt, but then when it processes Tampa it sees he is on a team and the bug causes it to fall into the PS claim logic. We didn't have this issue before because if a team claimed a player they were no longer teamid=0 and so it ignored the claim.
brooks_piggott

Postby soadeathdealer » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:49 pm

im tampa in that league . I tested if i could just release him but it effects woodley on pit's history and image but pits remains on pit and woodley i released from tampa looks like he disappeared but that could be the game just not allowing me to see him in fa admins would have to chk that to be sure .

but that could be a fix for us. It would be helpful to give commishes ability to edit player histories and stats in a future patch
soadeathdealer

Postby Cleasby » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:26 pm

To flag we have had the issue occur again post patch wit Aaron Lynch who is now duplicated on the chargers and the saints.

https://championsimleague.com/football/ ... ms/16.html

https://championsimleague.com/football/ ... ms/28.html

Seems to be occurring when a player is moved back to the active squad from practice squad and the player is claimed by another team. Essentially all during the import stage of MP.

Others closer will add some detail later if needed but please can we have a fix that does not result in the game just duplicating players. If a claim cannot be made it should just not occur rather than replicating the player.

Thanns
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Thanks, I missed that case in the code.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion