White Screen of Death

White Screen of Death

Postby tempo101 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Hi there,

I recently bought the game. I played for about three hours with no problems, but then all of a sudden, mid scroll, the entire game just went white.

This happens now every time I open the game. I get the developer logos fine, but then I just get a big blank white screen that I can only close by alt-f4. If the game is windowed then the whole window is white, and everything else is fine. This hasn't happened to any other game I have installed.

I have tried verifying game cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing my monitor's refresh rate, and restarting the computer. None of this fix it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
tempo101

Re: White Screen of Death

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 pm

go to: %localappdata%

Search for Wolverine_Studios and delete that folder, or the folders within (You may see a pro and/or college folder). That is the folder where the user settings are stored for the game. Deleting the files causes them to be rebuilt so it will not affect any of your leagues. In some cases these settings files can be corrupted by windows during a save... deleting them fixes the issue.

May need to restart and try again a couple times for it to reset. Not really sure what's causing it...
brooks_piggott

Postby tempo101 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:47 pm

Thanks, that worked!

Hopefully it is not something that happens frequently.
tempo101

Postby dp-420 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:46 am

So what do I try next if deleting the wolverine studios folder doesnt work?
dp-420

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:17 am

I think someone ran into this and had to repeat the process a couple of times. (Maybe make sure the game is completely closed?)
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion