Question on League Mods

Question on League Mods

Postby servo75 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:26 am

Hi, I've downloaded the Pro Real World Mod lately and if you don't mind, have a few questions:

The teams.xml that comes with this - I'm not sure what the use of it is. It has many league formats. Includes an "NFL 2002 to Present" format that is not available for selection in the game menu. I notice the schedule csv file only has 16 games per team. Will it not work if we select Modern Day 17 games format? "Modern Day' formats also aren't in teams XML file. Anyway I tried
I got an "An error has occurred" when trying to use that schedule in Modern 16 game and Modern 17 game. Where in league setup would we use Teams.XML, for instance the actual team names and logos, how does the game know where to look for them?

Speaking of which in schedule how do you know what Team ID goes with each team?

I know these are lots of questions but I really love this game so far and wish I could figure out the setup a little better.
servo75

Re: Question on League Mods

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:44 am

1) Teams.xml is the key file that makes the mod work. It is the file where you change all the team attributes to be real world (i.e. names, graphics, colors, etc.) The mod file originates as an EXACT copy of the Teams.xml that comes with the game and then I change certain league formats to work with the mod.

2) As my mod instructions state, it will work with the following league formats. "Modern-32 Team, 17 Games", "Modern-32 Team, 16 Games", and "Custom 32 Teams - 16 Games". All those options still exist within the game's menu However, I have only included a 17 game schedule for the 2021 season.

3) The included 2021 schedule for my mod does not have 16 game schedule, it has 17 game schedule (across 18 weeks) to match the real 2021 season schedule. Not sure where your seeing it only have 16, maybe your using somebody else's schedule.

4) To identify team ids, you can look at the Teams.xml to figure it out or within the game you can export the data files. In the League screen, in upper report choose import/export and then go to export database, it will create bunch of csv files including a teams file you can see the connection. \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\Leagues\<<name of league>>\Output
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion