Career Mode Creation Issue (SOLVED)

Career Mode Creation Issue (SOLVED)

Postby NigiriSushi » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:23 pm

Hello all,
Relative newbie here. I recently bought the Pro Football 2022 release on stream but I'm not having any luck starting a league.

I try starting a league through career mode, with default settings and rosters, and I receive a simple "error" message. When I am returned to the home page, I can go to the load screen and select the league, but when I try to load it, I receive this message:

Error loading league: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Gaming PC\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\Leagues\NFL\NFL.tmp'.

It seems to be a file is being saved or created elsewhere, or is missing entirely. I've tried re-installing the program, twice, and trying to create another league. But it keeps happening.

Any idea on how to fix this?

I appreciate any help.
Last edited by NigiriSushi on Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NigiriSushi

Re: Career Mode Creation Issue

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:29 am

Typically this is either onedrive attempting to sync files in which case you can turn off syncing of those folders, or it's something like avast, mcafee, or norton blocking the ability to read/write from that folder. Allowing that as an exception in those apps will help. Other ideas and troubleshooting tips are at https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... 4000306360
brooks_piggott

Postby slaphappy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:49 pm

I suddenly have the same issue. I have had it in the past and always figured it out. I have One Drive turned off completely and have added exceptions to antivirus. I was able to create leagues until just a few days ago. Is there any other possible place to look for an issue?
slaphappy

Postby slaphappy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:51 am

Sheesh..I'm brilliant. After messing around for an hour the fix was as simple as Run as Administrator
slaphappy

Postby NigiriSushi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:08 pm

slaphappy wrote:Sheesh..I'm brilliant. After messing around for an hour the fix was as simple as Run as Administrator

If the onedrive issue or avast isn't doing this, I'll try running as administrator myself. Will report back...
NigiriSushi

Postby NigiriSushi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:09 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Typically this is either onedrive attempting to sync files in which case you can turn off syncing of those folders, or it's something like avast, mcafee, or norton blocking the ability to read/write from that folder. Allowing that as an exception in those apps will help. Other ideas and troubleshooting tips are at https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... 4000306360

Thanks Brooks,

I'll try these fixes, and also try running as administrator, and will report back afterwards.
NigiriSushi

Re: Career Mode Creation Issue (SOLVED)

Postby NigiriSushi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:14 pm

NigiriSushi wrote:Hello all,
Relative newbie here. I recently bought the Pro Football 2022 release on stream but I'm not having any luck starting a league.

I try starting a league through career mode, with default settings and rosters, and I receive a simple "error" message. When I am returned to the home page, I can go to the load screen and select the league, but when I try to load it, I receive this message:

Error loading league: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Gaming PC\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\Leagues\NFL\NFL.tmp'.

It seems to be a file is being saved or created elsewhere, or is missing entirely. I've tried re-installing the program, twice, and trying to create another league. But it keeps happening.

Any idea on how to fix this?

I appreciate any help.

Hello All,

So, it turns out that it was Avast (antivirus) that was causing the issue. I tried making an exception for the game itself, but that didn't work; what DID work however was going to the specific location listed in the error. In documents>Wolverine Studios, I selected the entire file and made it an exception. Seems to be working so far.
NigiriSushi

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion