Custom plays

Custom plays

Postby mcbeth » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:59 am

Is there a guide how to create custom plays. I didn't play the sport so im kind of lost what to do...
For example what is the use of the offense type (west coast, power etc..) if i choose if it's a pass ir run play?
Or if i create a run in which direction do i need to block. Why should i not chooss pass block and instead be more precise by blocking a tackle and so on...
You see i have a lot of different questions :-)
mcbeth

Re: Custom plays

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:57 am

It's really a trial an error thing... trying to get players into areas of the field where they can make plays, etc.

For blocking a Pass block tends to fall back a bit and try and create a pocket for the QB to throw from. A run block tends to be more driving straight forward or steering defenders out of the way to create holes for the RB to go through.
brooks_piggott

Postby mcbeth » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:13 pm

Okay i understand. I have three questions maybe you can help me with.
1. Do i need to put in a philosiphy like vertical, power and so on or is it okay not to?
2. When i block for a run where do i need to create a gap? Fir example when i use sive for the back there is an arrow pointing in the middle of two lineman. Do i need to create the gap exactly there or is it only showing that the back is doing a dive andbif i create a gap on the right side of the line he will go through there?
3. Do i need to choose a short drop back if i want to do a short pass or can i also use a long drop back? I guess if i use a long drop back the pass opportunity fir a short pass will have gone bye when the QB finishes the drop back?...
mcbeth

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:28 pm

Philosophy isn't required, but it may use some of them when coaches are picking certain plays to call in the game.

Trial and error on the gaps... in some cases creating the gap allows the defense to come through unblocked, in other cases the gap may be preferred if you run into a different gap. Probably easier to look at how other plays are set up and mirror the ones that you like.
Drop backs are your preference... but a short dropback will have the QB throw earlier in the progress than a long one.
brooks_piggott

Postby mcbeth » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:34 am

Okay so i habe to try different things. But u still have a question. When i use a formation and give the runnimg back the task of making a dive for example the screnn shiws in areow pointing in one particular gap. Is this rhe gap the running back tries to go through ir does it simply tell me he will go forward searching for one gap in the line which also could be at another place then where the arrow points to?
mcbeth

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:26 am

The arrows are not precise... he will go in that general direction and look for a gap.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion