Free Agents Outside of Free Agency

Free Agents Outside of Free Agency

Postby Around_World_Sports » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:13 am

Is there an option in the settings someplace that change the ability to sign any free agent you want for 500k once the season starts? I just started the 3rd or 4th season of a sim and some of the players sitting in FA, able to be signed for $500,000 is crazy. I'm talking Josh Allen (95 OVR), Trey Lance (86 OVR), J.K. Dobbins (92 OVR) etc. I could put together a stacked roster at 500k a pop, so I am trying to figure out if I screwed something up or if it's just how it is.
Around_World_Sports

Re: Free Agents Outside of Free Agency

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:27 pm

Best way is to adjust salaries and caps so that teams have enough money to bid for those guys during normal free agency. If they're falling into the in-season FA pool it means either teams don't need them (or at least don't want to cut cheaper player to sign them) or teams have already reached position maxes, or teams have no cap to make them offers they'll accept, etc.
brooks_piggott

Postby Around_World_Sports » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:58 pm

That's what I am trying. I dropped the Max salaries for each position, will see if that helps. Thanks!
Around_World_Sports

Postby tvotaw » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:59 pm

Around_World_Sports wrote:That's what I am trying. I dropped the Max salaries for each position, will see if that helps. Thanks!

I see some of similar, though not as extreme as you (the top ones thus far in my game are being retained, but there are some quite good ones out there).

Did that adjustment make an impact?
tvotaw

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion