DDSPF22 Review - The replay factor is through the roof

DDSPF22 Review - The replay factor is through the roof

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm

Written by John Comey via GM Games!
--

I have been reviewing games for GMGames for a decade now. And only once have I said, I can’t do this.

That was with Draft Day Sports: College Football.

I don’t remember what version it was. However, I could not do it.

Now, I tried. I tried to play the hell out of that game. However, that game was the most difficult, frustrating experience of my life. I had no idea what I was doing, what I was even attempting to do, nor how to get anywhere within the game.

After a month of starting and stopping, I told Chris Valius (the head of GMGames) and Gary Gorski (the head of Wolverine Studios) that I needed to pull away from the project. I am not someone who quits; when I say I’m going to do something, I do it. The frustration I have over not completing that piece still bothers me to this day. However, I could not write something that would have benefited anyone.

I admit that because, after I finished my review of the Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 22, I told Chris that I would review Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 22. Chris is an optimistic person; heck, he might not even remember that I pulled out of the college football review. 

But I do. (I just told you about it.)

This review is part journalism, part personal challenge. I was one of the original crew around the first game Brooks Piggott, the developer of Draft Day Sports’ football series, created. I have always believed in Brooks’ vision. But, I got lost along the way.

I wanted to see what Brooks and the Wolverine team have done since I tapped out; would they get me back into the fold? Is there now a football game worthy enough of the sim community’s time?

I can tell you this: this is a complete review. (I’m writing this part last.) And, overall I’m pleased with the experience I’ve had. I think, if you’re interested in a football game that is becoming a more immersive experience, you should read on. And get on board.

Here, courtesy of the Wolverine website, are some of the new features for this year’s version.

---

To read the full review go to: https://gmgames.org/draft-day-sports-pr ... 22/review/
Chris

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion