Yearly Schedule

Yearly Schedule

Postby Around_World_Sports » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 pm

Hey guys,

When I started up my new save, I used the schedule from the real life mod. I must have done something wrong because my teams play the same schedule year after year. Is there some way to generate a new schedule once a save has been created? Thanks!
Around_World_Sports

Re: Yearly Schedule

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 pm

No, the mod overrides the schedule. If you want an automatic rotating schedule you'll have to remove that part of the mod.
brooks_piggott

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 pm

And just to be clear to original poster, my real world mod includes an "optional" schedule file that you have to purposely manually load in the first place, does not automatically get applied elsewise. Therefore, if you don't want to use it, simply never load it during the league creation:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby servo75 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:26 am

Just so I'm clear, the 2021_NFL_Schedule.csv that goes with the mod is what controlls the schedule year after year if you select it. How would I remove it? Just delete that file for upcoming seasons. And does that mean if I select any custom schedule then I will play the exact same schedule year after year? That seems a bit inflexible that you can't select a new schedule file in a new season. Would it work if I just made a new schedule file, give it the same name and replace it?
servo75

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:34 am

servo75 wrote:Just so I'm clear, the 2021_NFL_Schedule.csv that goes with the mod is what controlls the schedule year after year if you select it. How would I remove it? Just delete that file for upcoming seasons. And does that mean if I select any custom schedule then I will play the exact same schedule year after year? That seems a bit inflexible that you can't select a new schedule file in a new season. Would it work if I just made a new schedule file, give it the same name and replace it?

No, that is not accurate. The schedule CSV file is initially used during the league creation phase, which will then set the default schedule to what was in that file. That schedule is then used every year going forward unless you change it. To change it, you need to import another custom schedule during the "Season Start" phase of the season. The import schedule feature is in the league office screen and under the import/export menu. Then that newly imported schedule becomes the schedule each year until you again import another custom schedule during the "Season Start" phase. Basically when you start with a custom schedule you then have to control the schedule by using custom schedules, the game will never create its own auto schedule.

To be clear as well, the CSV file is just an import file. The game does not read it or use it physically afterwards. The game imports the contents of it into its own database. So deleting it, changing it, etc. will have no effect on the game unless you use that same file for importing a new custom schedule during a future season.

As for "removing" the custom schedule after used, the developer can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that is possible, I "think" he was referring to never using the custom schedule in the first place. And to do that is simple since to use it in the first place, it's a manual step and not auto included so you just wouldn't use it during league creation.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby servo75 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:17 am

Thank you for explaining that! "Removing" the custom schedule is then I think moot from what you tell me as long as we can import a new CSV each season that's good enough for me. I was thinking we'd have to choose between random auto-schedules and playing the same schedule year after year. I was confused because I was under the impression that when they said I'd have to "remove that part of the mod" that the custom schedule and RealWorld mod were one and the same, and we'd be stuck with the same schedule year after year and we can't change it. Yet I don't think that's the case, the real world mod simply replaces teams and players and graphics.
servo75

Re: Manually Submitted Schedule

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:02 pm

We have a new commish for our league and we just moved our league from PF'21 to PF'22. Because of this, we lost some owners and contracted the league by eight teams from 32-to-24. The commish says that he could not submit a custom schedule because with only 24-teams, the CPU generates the schedule...which is effed up by the way. Is this accurate, that we cannot submit a custom schedule for a 24-team, sixteen-week league?
Werewolftwentyone

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:50 pm

Custom schedules are available for all leagues.
brooks_piggott

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:59 pm

That's what I thought, thank you for the confirmation & clarification. Happy Super Bowl!
Werewolftwentyone

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion