Draft Suggestions

Draft Suggestions

Postby jannik » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:08 am

The NFL Draft is one of my favourite sports events and therefore, drafting is the most important thing for me in American Football simulations. I like how drafting works in DDSPF 2022. However, I have a few suggestions to improve scouting & the draft process even further.

Trades during the draft: Many teams try to move up or down during the draft. It would be nice if you directly get trade offers by other CPU teams. Imagine you have the first overall pick. I'm sure there would be at least 3 teams that would try to move up to grap their franchise QB for example.

College stats/accomplishments: I know that college stats might not be the answer for scouting, but it could be an additional indicator on how well the player performed during college. In addition to that, one could also include awards/accomplishments. For example, there could be a yearly email with the Heisman winner and the All American team which might be an indicator for good overall/high potential.

Scouting: On one hand it's nice that you do not need to spend hours on scouting, on the other hand I'd like to be more engaged with the players. In reality, the first mock drafts are published one year in advance. You really get to know potential prospects and get excited about blue chip top5 overall players. It would be nice if we could get to know the next draft class not only one week before the draft, but already during the previous season via storylines, additional scout reports in your email inbox, or even "watching" the senior bowl (or other college games) where you can actually see how the prospects perform on the field and do some scouting on your own (that would be awesome in my opinion).

What do you think? I'd also be very interested in further ideas or opinions from other users on scouting/drafting.
jannik

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion