Trading in Career mode to difficult.

Trading in Career mode to difficult.

Postby beatle » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:03 am

I offered a 93 WR, 86 LB, 3rd and 5th round pick and the AI wanted more for it's 1 draft choice in a historical game. I think trading needs to be worked on. I added another 3rd choice for the following year and the AI said "Looking for a lot more than what you're offering. So I just kept going to see what would happen. I changed the 3rd round choice to a 2nd choice and of course it was declined. I then changed the 5th to a 4th: Declined. It appears the AI is broken when it comes to trading. So just to keep the experiment going I offered the 2 players 2, 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder. Yes, you guessed it, Declined! Just for fun I added another 3rd to see what we would happen-Now we are talking Ricky Williams and Mike Ditka territory. The AI say it wants a tad more talent, LOL. The AI needs an upgrade.
beatle

Re: Trading in Career mode to difficult.

Postby Cleasby » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:54 am

What was you trying to acquire? What is the contract and age of the two players you offered and what is the league salary cap?

A lot of context missing to make an assumption AI trading is bad.

FYI -I only play multiplayer so do not have a view on this but additional context mught help the dev team?
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:37 am

First round picks, especially top 10 ones, are very expensive to the AI. It also may not value the players you're sending very much due to already having suitable players, or it doesn't value them due to salary... there are lots of parts that get evaluated with these trades. In the past we've had feedback that it was too easy to grab picks from AI teams, so it seems like it may be working as desired at this point.
brooks_piggott

Postby beatle » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:50 pm

It was a historical game 74, and the season did not start yet. I tried to trade with several teams.
beatle

Postby jannik » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:04 am

I like the trading system but I think that QBs could be valued way higher. My QB is a 95 OVR 5x MVP player and I got a third round pick as a trade offer? In addition to that, I don't like that teams are not willing to give up their early first round picks. I understand that a team wants to keep their top5 pick, but if I offer 5 first round selections for example, they could at least listen. However, the real problem is the other way round: when I have the first overall selection and want to trade down to 3, the team says "not interested in giving this pick up early" which makes no sense since I'm offering an even higher pick to them. It would be so nice to receive trade offers during the draft to trade down, like in reality.
jannik

Postby tvotaw » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:54 pm

jannik wrote:I like the trading system but I think that QBs could be valued way higher. My QB is a 95 OVR 5x MVP player and I got a third round pick as a trade offer? In addition to that, I don't like that teams are not willing to give up their early first round picks. I understand that a team wants to keep their top5 pick, but if I offer 5 first round selections for example, they could at least listen. However, the real problem is the other way round: when I have the first overall selection and want to trade down to 3, the team says "not interested in giving this pick up early" which makes no sense since I'm offering an even higher pick to them. It would be so nice to receive trade offers during the draft to trade down, like in reality.

Yes, would be good to receive offers to trade during draft. That is one thing I liked about the Pro Basketball game (think it happens with that one).
tvotaw

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion