Custom schedule

Custom schedule

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:13 pm

I just imported a custom schedule for a new season, but it did not take.
Did I forget to uncheck something?
My schedule is now created by the game and is all screwed up.
Is there anyway to fix this?
Werewolftwentyone

Re: Custom schedule

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:46 pm

Load up the .bak file and try importing the schedule again?
brooks_piggott

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:39 pm

I swore I replied to this already. Anyway, so when I realized that I did not have the correct schedule, I simmed the season and tried imported the schedule again for the next season and it worked?
So, if this happens again, if I copy the .bin file and save it somewhere else, and rename the .bak file the .bin file and load it, it will fix(hopefully) the issue without having to sim the season?

I am not that experienced in the ways of DDS yet. if I want to save the season's information such as; box scores, league leaders, basically everything to do with a season...I need to export this information before I end the season, correct?
The files will not be be automatically saved? If I do need to export a particular season's info, Do I need to export this information into a folder named for that season somewhere besides my Wolverine folder for posterity's sake?

After I simmed the season above with the incorrect schedule, I was gung-ho on figuring out how to fix the schedule and ended the season to start a new season, so I forgot about the export aspect.
Werewolftwentyone

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:50 pm

The bak file is the previously saved version of the .bin file so it works as a backup if you skip a step or something doesn't work the way you want. Or you can manually copy/backup your .bin file, or backup your entire league folder if you want to keep versions and exports I suppose.

Exporting is nice if you want to preserve specific stats for a given season, including game stats. Those aren't saved year to year, but the player stats and team stats are. Up to you on if you need that stuff to be saved each season. May be easier to just copy the bin file off each season so you can see the state of the league at those points rather than trying to reconstruct from export files though.
brooks_piggott

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:17 pm

Thank you for the clarification(s).
Werewolftwentyone

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion