Aging Regression - Training Camp

Aging Regression - Training Camp

Postby zac » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Someone in league found a flaw in how older players decline in training camp (TC). Training camp allows only increases in position skill OR ratings, never both for players under 30 position skill. So if the player is below 30 pos skill at a position, in TC they will only get a position skill bonus but no rating changes. This isn't a big problem for most players, however it seems that also holds true for rating decreases. So you can move an older player to a position he is under 30 position skill in, then he won't decrease any ratings in TC despite being old it seems. The only change this older player will receive is their POS skill boost. If true, Sort of an easy way to avoid aging regression.

To avoid this workaround, some changes might need made to position skill jumps in TC and how it relates to other rating changes (or lack thereof).
zac

Re: Aging Regression - Training Camp

Postby KW77 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:55 pm

I am (again) the "someone in the league" who found this out while prioritizing positional versatility over rating gains in training camp this year. Thought I'd gotten super lucky with old players not declining, then I realized why.

As Zac said, the <30 skill training seems to eliminate all other rating increases or decreases in training camp. I'm of the opinion that neither side of that makes any sense, but the lack of decreases basically means any non-QB can become impervious to rating declines by just changing their position. Which is very exploitable. And now that information is out there for the whole league, and anybody else who reads this post.

Pretty easy fix would be to decouple skill training and rating changes.

I have plenty of other skill training ideas to make things more realistic (probably for PF23), but don't have the time to do a bigger write-up and want the issue at hand prioritized for the next patch please.
KW77

Re: Aging Regression - Training Camp

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:18 pm

Thx, fixed for future patch.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion