Wishlist - Ideas

Re: Wishlist - Ideas

Postby Gabe778 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:56 pm

Head coaches not getting taken by other teams would be nice, as this has happened maybe 3 times in the last 25 years irl, and the coordinators not being counted for record of the team.
Gabe778

Postby NBryant » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Gabe778 wrote:Head coaches not getting taken by other teams would be nice, as this has happened maybe 3 times in the last 25 years irl, and the coordinators not being counted for record of the team.

Totally agree. Head coaches should be off limits unless their contract expires. Coordinators - free game!
NBryant

Postby Gabe778 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:30 am

Also notice nobody in the first hit of free agency signs multi year deals, even young guys, would like to see players like long term deals rather than everyone signing for 1 season every year
Gabe778

Postby jcomey » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:47 pm

I would love for multiple leagues running in one universe. The opportunity to set up some kind of Euro setup, where players could move between leagues, or even some kind of Champions League (or even a Tournament of Champions) would be amazing.
jcomey

Postby jcomey » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:46 am

Two more ideas (apologies, I haven’t read through to see if they were already suggested):

Fantasy mini-game: This would add immersion to single and multiplayer leagues. Adding in a fantasy component can be simplistic as adding in formulas and let it run in the background, or it can be customizable. I think this would absolutely aid players in getting more into their leagues. It also doesn’t have to be touched at all, if someone doesn’t want to. I would say the same for adding pick’em contests in-game.

RedZone: I suggested this in my review for GMGames last year. It will remain this year if it isn’t added in. FOF did this, and it increased immersion tenfold. By hiding scores and allowing the day to play out in accelerated real-time, you allow the player to become more immersed in the universe. By adding this with the functionality that OOTP does with real-time sim, it becomes possibly the #1 selling point for online leagues.

(This should also be in the college game, but I get that being more difficult. It absolutely should be in the new pro game.)
jcomey

Postby JDB » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:48 pm

-Please fix the wishbone formation in custom plays and please add the RPO plays from the college game
-Please add more options for overtime including formats used by NCAA, USFL, and XFL. Consider allowing us to customize overtime as well
-Option to have 16 team playoff
-Add a few trick plays to the default plays file. Examples could include the reverse, flee-flicker, wildcat, statue of liberty
-Additional strategies and plays for special teams
-Open up the play creator to allow creation of custom formations and routes. This may have to be a work in progress over several additional versions of the game depending on how AI controlled teams could respond to such things but I would eventually like to see the game's play creator allow us to re-create any play ever run in the history of the game as well as anything new that we could come up with.
JDB

Postby jannik » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:03 am

Really love the ideas here. Had a few of my own and combined them into a small video: https://youtu.be/s70_IG6WyAo
I'm really excited for the game and curious what new features it offers
jannik

Postby Sharkn20 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:54 am

Add a similar to a Wonderlic score to the combine.
Sharkn20

Postby Punter715 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:04 am

I don't have access to the 23 beta, but I'd love if there were more routes for pass catchers to run - Deep Cross, Speed Out/In, Stop and Go, Wheel, Pivot.

Better logic on defensive play actions.
Flat doesn't appear to do anything.
Players with the ZONE action tend to just stand in one spot unless a ball carrier comes into their zone.
Cover will sometimes cause CBs to blitz because I believe the logic has them cover a RB instead of the WR they're across from.

Explanation of what each of the player traits do.
Punter715

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:23 pm

Just a quick update... I do go through and read these somewhat regularly. Some of these are fantastic ideas that I can take action on... some of these ideas are beyond our scope for PF23 (some are beyond the scope of our resources for several years to come). I definitely appreciate the feedback and hope to get as many of these in as is reasonable. We won't get to a lot of it, but I still wanted everyone to know we're keeping an eye on this for guidance, so thanks for the support and ideas.
brooks_piggott

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion