Stats Issues

Stats Issues

Postby samgallenberger » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:52 pm

Starting my league simulation and I did a few mock simulations...some of the stats are unrealistic and I'm trying to figure out how to fix them.

A few QB's are impossibly good (11 YPA while also completing 70% of passes) and others are impossibly bad (50% comp and 5 YPA). What's a good fix for these? The weird thing is on these stats aren't coming from top 5 or bottom 5 QBs. The two awesome stat QBs are on middling teams, and neither is in the 90's overall. I've improved it a little by tinkering with coaching but still not realistic.

How do you make sure RB's and TE's catch a lot of passes?

I have way too many players getting 1,500+ receiving yards. What could lower this? It seems like every fast guy gets a ton of yards but do I really have to make the whole league slower?

Lastly, sacks are high (sometimes someone will get 25-29) though I might have fixed this one.
samgallenberger

Re: Stats Issues

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:43 am

Easiest way is to create a sandbox league and let the game generate players. Go into search and export the list. Open it in Excel and do some calculations on the averages, min, max of the ratings by position. Then do the same with your league and compare the differences by position. If you isolate that the ratings are all reasonable then you can look at the team playbooks and see if there are any broken plays, or specific playbooks that are OP. If so let us know and we can do some more analysis.

For RB and TE catches you mainly need to set them up as pass catching in your strategy selections, and it helps to create formations/depth charts where they are in WR slots a certain percentage of the time.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion