Yardage Settings and Play Calling Ratios

Yardage Settings and Play Calling Ratios

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:02 pm

I have created a sandbox league, and I have been adjusting the settings to ge a more balanced run/pass game for the last two seasons.
After last season, I am getting a 51%/49% Pass-to-run ratio, which is where I like it; the NFl is more like 65%/35%.
However, the scoring averages are around 26.9 per team compared to the 23.0 of the NFL. This is not a large difference, but I would like to bring it down a touch.
Additionally, I am getting solid season rushing stats that are comparable to the receiving stats and the ypc are 4.3 and the NFL is 4.4.

I need to bring down the yardage of both the rushing and passing game a bit...not much, and I would like to know how to accomplish this.

My Rushing yards modifier is set at "0".

My Passing yards modifier is set at "0".

My Run/Pass Ratio Base is "35".

My Run/Pass ratio Modifier is "30".

I have done some research online, and watched some YouTube videos, but they don't really touch on the Play calling settings.

I would appreciate any insight, thank you.
Werewolftwentyone

Re: Yardage Settings and Play Calling Ratios

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:25 pm

You can go negative on the modifiers to bring stats down... but if you're already at 4.3 versus 4.4 that's going to be tough to get any closer, especially when you factor in season by season variances.
brooks_piggott

Re: Yardage Settings and Play Calling Ratios

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:46 pm

Thank you. I went ahead and simmed another test season and dropped the modifiers to -1 for each. It looks like the passing went down a bit, but the rushing went up(?)
I have to download the info and get averages. I appreciate the help.
Werewolftwentyone

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion