Plays running longer than a minute

Plays running longer than a minute

Postby KW77 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:03 am

Would be nice to have this fixed in 23, but I'm noticing timing of plays not making a lot of sense. An example of an 8 play drive taking over 7 minutes off the clock, including the second play taking off a whole 1:10 Image

Tempo is set to "normal" and CAR is up 24-0 here, so I get them taking their sweet time, but even if they're running down the play clock to 0 on every play, that means the plays themselves lasted 23 seconds, 30 seconds, 10 seconds, 5 seconds, 25 seconds, 13 seconds, 15 seconds for almost exclusively short throws and rushing attempts. Not realistic.
KW77

Re: Plays running longer than a minute

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:53 pm

The tempo will shift to slower clock-eating tempo in certain scenarios like being up 24 in some cases. But in general plays tend to incorporate play clock time, plus play execution time, plus play unwinding and starting the play clock time. They're basically tuned so that teams get a realistic number of called plays each game, which I believe is pretty close to real life numbers.

If I make the plays take less time then you'll see a drastic increase in the number of plays called per game and an increase in scoring, which definitely isn't realistic.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion