Playoffs Glitch: Injuries and Contracts

Playoffs Glitch: Injuries and Contracts

Postby KW77 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:32 pm

Me again! :D

In the playoffs in MP leagues, you have to click "show scores" each time you log in to truly advance to the next week.

The problem with that is that injuries and contract extension decisions seem to be updating after that point.

Injury example:

HTML uploaded after sim was run:

In game after logging in and showing scores:
(Hightower not shown, he has become fully healed.)

After logging in a second time:
(Again Hightower is healed. This time Graham is Doubtful instead of Questionable, Fauria Questionable instead of Probable)

A third try:
(Hackett has gone from 1-2 weeks to doubtful)

Another team reported seeing injuries that occurred on their playoff bye week when they loaded up the sim. And then the next time they loaded it they were gone.

In addition, contracts seem to be decided differently on the two players I currently have offers out to. On 2 of the 5 times I've loaded it up, a player rejected their offer. On the other times, they have decided to wait with the "We've been busy this week" message. To me, it sounds like a team can in theory keep reloading the file until things work out for them... and that doesn't seem right.

I don't believe this happens in the regular season. Only when the team has to log in and manually show scores in the playoffs.

Can this be fixed for 23?
KW77

Re: Playoffs Glitch: Injuries and Contracts

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:06 pm

In an online league I wouldn't run with hide scores... it can throw things off because some processing can't happen until all of the show scores for the week are done. The only one that truly "counts" is the commissioner one, so you could get some oddities if players are going through and showing scores that won't actually be there in the real file. Also going into the playoffs there is a 2 week gap I believe, so there is more "healing" done ahead of the playoff week. It's based on the commissioner file though.

The extensions I'll have to have a look at.
brooks_piggott

Re: Playoffs Glitch: Injuries and Contracts

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:15 pm

The extensions are doing the same thing... they're triggering when the week is complete... so if owners having to showScore for the games it will trigger those extension processes. Unfortunately there isn't a workaround I can do in the code. I could change it up a bit so that these things didn't happen except in the commissioner's file, but that will throw off if teams are exporting since they could be exporting information that no longer matches up. And on top of that if there are any coin flip kind of tie breakers or other items that occur during the showscore week advance logic it could potentially cause a mismatch between team version and commish version. Another fix would be to just make show scores only show and hide the scores, but that will still have the issue of playoff screens being advanced so you'll see who advanced even if you haven't seen the score of a previous round's games.

The best way to "fix" it, and my recommendation, is to not use hide scores unless you're in a personal league (sandbox or career) and not use it in a multiplayer environment.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion