Issues, Wishes, Questions and thing to consider

Issues, Wishes, Questions and thing to consider

Postby jjmdirector » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:23 pm

What up Brooks... long time player here! Keep up the good work

Penalties:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... alties.htm - Please use this reference for penalty calls - (Tripping is a call you'll see 2 or 3 times in an entire year. comes up way too much in the game.)

For some reason Neutral Zone Infraction with less than 5 yards doesn't always result in an automatic 1st down, sometimes (not always) it results in a free play where any result that's not a turn over is a 1st down. This may happen because there is back to back pre-snap penalties on the defense, not sure??

When playing: don't give the player the option to accept or reject unsportsmanlike or unnecessary roughness calls. I've NEVER seen that declined, it's free yardage

Pass interference should come up on incomplete passes only. I know that it CAN happen on completed passes but it's very unusual. The CPU takes the PI call instead of the completed yards every time.

Face mask penalties & Horse Collar Tackles should be targeted to the defensive tackler, if possible

Watching Game Highlights:
I love quick watching a game through highlights without knowing the final score but:

Have the Play Call and Animations sliders separate just like when you are watching the full game

Eliminate or have the option to eliminate the crowd sounds

Add all scoring plays including field goals and 2 point conversions or add 4th quarter and overtime FG and 2 point attempts. show the final score at the end of the highlight reel.

We don't need to see all forced fumbles only defensive fumble recoveries

Playbook:
Why are the CPU teams using my custom plays and playbooks? Every coach generated should have their own playbook

Overall Ratings and Per Snap Value:
There are certain players that play above their overall ratings and certain ones that play at or below. in Career mode Overall ratings should not only measure ability stats but should factor in historical on-field performance. I'm not sure how you measure per-snap value but its a very valuable look at how a player is actually performing. Please consider adding a per-snap value per season stat that can be tracked over their career. a Career Per Snap Value if you will. High Per snap values (minimum 40 snaps per game per season) should factor into overall ratings. Players that don't get snaps degrade faster (Rust), maybe Work Ethic and Competitiveness can counter this effect?

Hurries and Knockdowns:
Is this a real stat with a real effect?
&
I'd like to see DE's and DT's engage in Pass Defenses by knocking down passes at the line of scrimmage

Strategy -> Playbook Scenario Screen and Game Strategy Options
The Playbook scenario screen should no longer have run/pass sliders - This should be on your Game Plan screen from now on
You also need more field position scenario's:
- Red Zone Offense/Defense
- Backed up Offense - Offense in risk of a safety playing from their 3 yard line

- End of Half should be separate from end of game and should be on the Game Plan Screen

FG Logic:
I'm still seeing teams punt from specifically the 31 and 32 yard line occasionally, this has been happening for years. There's something in the code I'm sure of it. it should be a hard override to never consider punting unless your at the 35 or farther. regardless of coach.

Custom Plays:
Clean up the positions and artwork - some of the positions aren't accurately positioned and pointers & routes etc are off and backwards
Pull blocks for WR and TE's
add formations
Trips (WR 1, 2 and 3 on the same side)
I form & Pro-set Twins (WR 1 and 2 on the same side)
Heavy or 13 personnel - 1Rb, 3 TEs , and 1 WR
Empty Set - 4 WR 1 TE

I guess technically I could do some of these positions with your motion system but the artwork remains an issue

A practice Field to test plays after you create them
jjmdirector

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion