Stat Modifier Options

Stat Modifier Options

Postby Pialdret » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:52 am

Would it be possible to include more stat modifier options such as those shown in the picture below:

https://i.imgur.com/NiGiZRg.png

The picture is from a rather old basketball sim that I still play from time to time and it included modifying options such as those which I believe gave a lot of depth and replayability to the game. Don't know if the engine for this game is capable of such customization but if it is it would be neat to include such options.
Pialdret

Re: Stat Modifier Options

Postby Rizzo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:18 am

Yes, I think some sort of modifier system (like WS has in their football games for rushing and passing yards) or slider system that we see in modern sports video games would go a long way towards allowing users to customize the engine to their liking. I know this engine introduced the ability to adjust the 3PT Attempt % as well as Pace Adjustment %.
Rizzo

Re: Stat Modifier Options

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:08 pm

I don't see the need for it. The game already has customization options for 3 point shooting and pace but the other items from that screenshot make it seem like that game doesn't simulate a game at all but rather just modifies stats to give you numbers you are asking it to. Changing the player ratings would give you different statistical outputs because then the engine would produce different numbers based on the changed ratings which you could do if you really wanted to by exporting the database from the commissioner office, copying the output to Excel, applying whatever formula you want to the ratings and then copying them back into the editDB to reimport in the game.

Going to close this one as its not something I plan on adding.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 FirstAccess